Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13068251

Subject: "Tell us about a dope come up. " Previous topic | Next topic
Cold Truth
Member since Jan 28th 2004
44862 posts
Tue Sep-13-16 12:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Tell us about a dope come up. "

I had one last Thursday.

I’ve been slowly rebuilding a lil home studio the last few years and built a respectable rig: Cubase, A Nektar P4 to control it, NI Mascine MK2, Komplete 9, a couple of cheap rompler VST’s (Halion Sonic 2 is dope on that front) and recently added a MOXF6 for a respectable price of eight bills. I was good to go. Had everything running smoothly and spent some time to develop a good workflow with so many moving parts. The downside of that rig with two young children is it takes up space and they want to play with it all the pieces and there’s really no space in the house that doesn’t make things feel cluttered, so it’s out in the garage.

I really, really missed my Korg M3, which I snagged for a ridiculous four bills a couple summers ago but sold off for the P4 and Halion for workflow purposes. I loved the touch screen and some of the sounds so I’ve been scouring sites to add that and complete my rig.

In doing so I came up on a Kronos at a pawn shop in San Diego for 1300. I emailed the shop that night and got a response at 8 am. Some guy and his son had been in to look at it. They didn’t leave a deposit though and they opened at 10.

I fucking BEGGED this man to hold it. I had to put my wife at ease by ensuring her I was selling everything else to pay for it, take money out of savings to front the money, drive three hours on the round trip, take time off work and make that time back up that same day and my off day the following day…. He read that email, had a laugh, held it for me and I got that fucking board. And it’s glorious. So, so glorious.

Since this pretty much replaces my three pieces of hardware and the computer they were all connected to, space is no longer a problem. Shit sits nicely on the back end of my wife’s work desk. I’ve been getting up around 4:30 to learn it. I can spend 10-15 minutes here and there throughout the day without feeling like I’ve bailed on the fam by heading to the garage. It killed like three birds with one stone. Plus the MOXF sold today so my wife is at ease.

So tell us about a dope come up of your own.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tell us about a dope come up. [View all] , Cold Truth, Tue Sep-13-16 12:52 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Oh, and funny thing: that man got there at 10am
Sep 13th 2016
you make music?
Sep 13th 2016
a pair of rims/tires for less than $100...
Sep 13th 2016
These are for a bike, correct?
Sep 13th 2016
yessir...
Sep 13th 2016
that's not a come up, that's strong-arm robbery, fam...Craigslist?
Sep 13th 2016
      i know, right?!..
Sep 13th 2016
bought a 1990 M3 for 2K
Sep 13th 2016
I was curious if it didn't have an engine
Sep 13th 2016
free smartphones
Sep 13th 2016
Free Ravens tickets last sunday
Sep 13th 2016
15 bottles of wine for $60.
Sep 13th 2016
Almost free iPhone
Sep 13th 2016
went to a girls house to get a rare Depeche Mode record, ended up bangin...
Sep 14th 2016
See, now I gotta update my rig *sigh* damn you CT
Sep 14th 2016
Til yesterday I had the MOXF and Kronos side by side. Scrap the motif fa...
Sep 14th 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #13068251 Previous topic | Next topic