Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12869392

Subject: "Apparently, being a holistic doctor can be hazardous to your health " Previous topic | Next topic
CaptainRook
Charter member
4937 posts
Sun Aug-02-15 09:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Apparently, being a holistic doctor can be hazardous to your health "
Mon Aug-03-15 02:14 PM by Rjcc

...at least, in Florida, that is...

http://www.healthnutnews.com/2-more-mds-1-prominent-holistic-one-of-missing-docs-have-been-found-dead-bringing-the-total-to-8/

2 more MD’s (1 prominent holistic, & one of missing docs) found dead, bringing the total to 8

As some of you know, It brought me no joy to be the one to break all of the stories on each doctor found within the span of about a month, starting with the beloved Dr. Bradstreet. He was the first, and was found dead on June 19th in a river with a gunshot wound to his chest. They did find a gun in the river nearby. He was from Florida. Many experts are questioning how he died. Then there was Dr. Hedendal who was found dead in his car on Father’s day. The same day Dr. Holt was found dead. Both were found on the East coast of Florida, both chiropractors and both fathers, both found dead on Father’s day. Then we had Dr. Teresa Sievers found murdered in her home here in Florida as well. Then Osteopath Lisa Riley found with a gunshot wound to her head with a gun next to her in S Georgia. Then shortly after (just days ago) was another East Coast Florida death, as Dr. Ron Schwartz MD was found murdered in his home. I tried to gently break all the stories, and never intended this to be a series that I wrote. . It’s been tough, but some leaders in the holistic community have encouraged me to continue to report as the truth must be known. Even if nothing else to remember these great doctors who helped so many during their careers.

I’m sorry to say that Dr Nicholas Gonzalez, a well loved holistic alternative MD and author has died suddenly. I was fortunate enough to meet this brilliant man, and my other half (also a doctor) had interviewed him several times. His clinic sent out an email to his patients yesterday that read in part:

“The cause of death was cardiac related, it appears, as he suddenly collapsed and was unable to be revived. Dr. Gonzalez was in excellent health otherwise so his passing is quite unexpected.”

I am told he was alone at the time of his death and found by family.

Our heart goes out to all his family and friends (many of which are mutual to ours) In fact, some mutual friends wrote a beautiful write up about this brilliant man here. I let them break this news gently as they knew him better, hence the reason I didn’t break this story.

The second has to do with the doctor Jeffrey Whiteside MD who I first reported on nearly 3 weeks ago. You can read how his family said he just “walked away” never to be seen again and not a shred of evidence in nearly a month. Then suddenly the other day he was featured on GOOD MORNING AMERICA and Now authorities have announced it Jeffrey Whiteside’s body and a that a .22 caliber gun was found nearby. They had said days earlier in a statement in the local papers in their area that they were aware of my stories and were not ruling them out that his death was related. From the article

The Door County Sheriff’s Office confirms the body found in Door County Wednesday is Dr. Jeffrey Whiteside, bringing an end to a nearly 4-week search for the physician.

Chief Deputy Pat McCarty said at the news conference Thursday that a .22 caliber gun was recovered at the scene. Investigators believe the body was there for “some time.”

Once again, my heart goes out to all friends and family of these doctors. I’ve made a thorough timeline now on all the doctors who have disappeared or been found dead. They are as follows.

1) June 19th, 2015 – Dr Bradstreet, formerly of Florida, now practicing in Georgia was found with a gunshot wound to his chest in a river. The small town locals ruled the death almost immediately as a suicide; but many have their doubts. This same day in Mexico, on June 19th, 2015, three doctors were traveling to the State Capital in Mexico, to deliver some papers. They were reported missing that day. This is the only case outside of the US. Authorities said they found the bodies, but the family says those bodies look nothing like their family members; and they are demanding more proof and more testing. A sad but riveting article was written about those details here.

2) June 21st, 2015 – Father’s Day: We have two dead chiropractors, Dr. Holt and Dr. Hedendal (both reported to be fathers), in Florida; both found on the East Coast, both were presumably healthy, and both were described as very fit. We still have no cause of death listed in the articles we can find on either one. A few people have contacted me about Dr. Hedendal, 67, but admit that they were surprised by his death and still find it shocking. Interestingly, Dr. Holt (33), lived in North Carolina; which is the state where Dr. Bradstreet’s body (the first doctor to be found) was discovered two days prior. Dr. Holt was visiting Jacksonville, Florida, though, when he died there. Dr. Bradstreet (see story #1) was living in Georgia, at the time of his death; and before that, he lived in the neighboring state of Florida. A few mutual friends of Dr. Holt have contacted me who I know. They are doctors and tell me a cause of death that I find rather shocking and cannot confirm, therefore, out of respect for the family I will not list that here. Both were well loved by their patients, community, friends and family.

3) June 29th, 2015 – The beloved holistic Theresa Sievers MD was found murdered in her home. Her co-worker says she was known as the “Mother Teresa of South Florida.” Her husband and children, were in Connecticut, at a family reunion. The authorities have been investigating for two weeks “around the clock,” and now say that she was targeted. Her murder was not random, nor was it a home invasion; and when the facts come out: “…books and movies will be written about it.” It’s that big of a story. On this very same day, June 29th, Jeffrey Whiteside MD a pulmonologist went missing , vanishing when he simply “walked away” . Dr. Whiteside, known for his successful treatment of lung cancer, disappeared in Door County, Wisconsin, while vacationing with family. They say he was on foot, and had no vehicle; and numerous reports call it “mysterious,” saying he too, vanished without a trace. They’ve been searching now for three weeks, and even colleagues have joined in (along with bloodhounds, drones search parties, and helicopters); but not one shred of evidence has surfaced.

4) July 3, 2015 – Dr. Patrick Fitzpatrick MD goes missing. He was traveling from North Dakota, to neighboring Montana (which he did often as his son lived there), and his truck and trailer were found on the side of the road. The search has expanded, but authorities say it’s like he vanished without a trace. He’s 6′ tall, and described as Irish-looking, with a goatee; and details can be found on the links.

5) July 10th, 2015 – Lisa Riley 34 years old, DO (Doctor of Osteopathic medicine) is found in her home with a gunshot wound to her head. Her husband called it in to 911, he has a prior record, and he was actually charged with attempted murder on his ex, Ms. King, before charges were eventually dropped. Evidence showed that there was gun residue found on Ms. King’s hand, and not Mr Riley’s. Riley’s story corroborated this, but King’s allegedly didn’t, and her story kept changing. At least, that’s what evidence showed at the time. (click link in this paragraph for their story with details on all of this)

We hope all 4 missing doctors are found to be alive and well. Our hearts go out to the other 5 doctors, who were found dead; and we hope the authorities get to the bottom of each death, and that they find the killer (or killers) soon – of those doctors, who appear to have been murdered.

This is me, Erin Elizabeth, from July 14, 2015; still concerned for my own better half of many years, who is a prominent, outspoken, holistic DO, himself.

5) July 19, 2015 A month to the day after the first doctor (Jeff Bradstreet MD) was found dead with a gunshot wound to his chest, we have Dr. Ron Schwartz, who was found murdered in his E Coast Florida home. Sadly, he was shot to death. We don’t know if he was holistic, but he was a licensed and lived between Florida and Georgia. He was a gynecologist who lived in an unincorporated part of Jupiter Florida on a few acres or more and some say he had a side business of an organic lawn service.

7) July 21, 2015 Dr Nicholas Gonzalez, a holistic alternative MD has died suddenly. I’ve met this brilliant man and my other half (also a doctor) had interviewed him several times. His clinic sent out an email to his patients that read in part: “The cause of death was cardiac related, it appears, as he suddenly collapsed and was unable to be revived. Dr. Gonzalez was in excellent health otherwise so his passing is quite unexpected.” It is reported that he was alone the time of his death. Our heart goes out to all his family and friends (many of which are mutual to ours) In fact, some mutual friends wrote a beautiful write up about him here. I let them break this news gently as they knew him better, hence the reason I didn’t break this story.

8) July 23, 2015 Authorities announce that the body found is Dr. Jeffrey Whiteside who has been missing over 3 weeks. They article states ” Office confirms the body found in Door County Wednesday is Dr. Jeffrey Whiteside, bringing an end to a nearly 4-week search for the physician. Chief Deputy Pat McCarty said at the news conference Thursday that a .22 caliber gun was recovered at the scene. Investigators believe the body was there for “some time.”

Again our hearts go out to all the friends and family of the doctors. We knew some of these doctors and they were wonderful people and will be missed by so many.

Erin Elizabeth July 23, 2015 East Coast of Florida XO

- See more at: http://www.healthnutnews.com/2-more-mds-1-prominent-holistic-one-of-missing-docs-have-been-found-dead-bringing-the-total-to-8/#sthash.LUebdsYh.dpuf

(mod edit - read this link too -- http://m.snopes.com/2015/07/21/five-holistic-doctors-dead/)

<<<<"Nothings more attractive than a heavy praying woman" Andre 3000

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Apparently, being a holistic doctor can be hazardous to your health [View all] , CaptainRook, Sun Aug-02-15 09:15 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
And being a holistic dentist for that matter...
Aug 02nd 2015
A lot of these dudes are snake oil salesmen
Aug 02nd 2015
That's YOUR opinion. EVEN IF that's true, does that mean they deserved
Aug 02nd 2015
It's a scientific fact that a lot of these chiropractors are frauds
Aug 02nd 2015
      Who's science determines that these practices are fraudulent?
Aug 02nd 2015
      nah b, "scientific fact" would mean ALL chiropractors are frauds
Aug 02nd 2015
           well chiropractics is at least partially based on falsity -
Aug 02nd 2015
                Whatever...the BOTTOM LINE is that they manage to help some people,
Aug 02nd 2015
                     thats why im not willing to say they are "frauds" as a blanket
Aug 02nd 2015
                          Well, that's my same position on conventional medical doctors.
Aug 02nd 2015
                               anyone who says they have a better plan than academic physiology -
Aug 02nd 2015
                                    And this is precisely why western medicine has ignored chinese medicine
Aug 02nd 2015
                                    "Traditional" Chinese Medicine isn't as old as you think:
Aug 03rd 2015
                                         Did you read the link? Chinese medicine has been practiced for OVER
Aug 03rd 2015
                                              German medicine too!
Aug 03rd 2015
                                                   what's your point? you linked up an article that you said thought
Aug 03rd 2015
                                                   RE: what's your point? you linked up an article that you said thought
Aug 04th 2015
                                                   Are you serious? Germany didn't even exist as a nation 2000 years ago.
Aug 03rd 2015
                                                        no nations existed 2000 years ago. The point he's making is that
Aug 03rd 2015
                                                             ^ This. Thanks.
Aug 04th 2015
                                                             Oh so China didn't exist 2000 yrs ago? oh ok
Aug 04th 2015
                                                             I gave you a concrete example of TCM being bullshit
Aug 04th 2015
                                                             How old is Egypt? How old is Ethiopia? How old is China?
Aug 04th 2015
                                    Anyone who believes that academic physiology philosophy and practice
Aug 02nd 2015
And yet many MDs in the US kill 1000s of patients every year as a
Aug 02nd 2015
      or plain negligence.
Aug 02nd 2015
      or a bad paradigm for healing people of sickness and disease.
Aug 02nd 2015
      mistakes by practitioners =/= faulty science
Aug 02nd 2015
      These are *preventable deaths* that have reached a record high
Aug 02nd 2015
      im aware lol
Aug 02nd 2015
      Well, the problem has suppossedly been identified but it has not been
Aug 02nd 2015
           it tells me that the economics of health care are totally fucked
Aug 02nd 2015
                You laid the blame at over-staffing and bureaucracy and the reports
Aug 02nd 2015
                     on misdiagnosis:
Aug 02nd 2015
      aka being humans with high-stake responsibilities
Aug 03rd 2015
           400,000+ *preventable* deaths isn't just a matter of humans in a field
Aug 03rd 2015
                Bob Marley died from skin cancer.
Aug 03rd 2015
                     His death WASN'T the result of practicing/using alternative medicine
Aug 03rd 2015
                          nope.
Aug 03rd 2015
                               using "folk medicine" isn't anywhere close to being in the same
Aug 03rd 2015
                                    They got real doctors in China. They studied science, got MD's and shit
Aug 03rd 2015
                                    yeah because until chinese started getting MDs their traditonal
Aug 03rd 2015
                                         Traditional Chinese Medicine is superstition and quackery
Aug 03rd 2015
                                              To reduce traditional chinese medicine to superstition based on
Aug 04th 2015
                                              RE: To reduce traditional chinese medicine to superstition based on
Aug 04th 2015
                                              And allopathic medicine kills PEOPLE daily to the rate of being the 3rd
Aug 04th 2015
                                    i brought up Bob to say that
Aug 03rd 2015
                                         You should've FIRST read through this post before responsing to me
Aug 03rd 2015
                                              i was only responding to one thing you'd said, homie.
Aug 03rd 2015
                                                   yeah that had nothing to do w/my overall point...so there's that
Aug 03rd 2015
Dr. Sebi still living
Aug 02nd 2015
Yes, he IS and Thank God for that. Let's hope that they don't succeed
Aug 02nd 2015
      You really *are* the Case_One of healthcare related topics, lol
Aug 03rd 2015
The comment thread is hilarious.
Aug 02nd 2015
What's your explanation for all of these deaths of these types of health
Aug 02nd 2015
a psycho with a crazy + violent grudge?
Aug 02nd 2015
serial killer that blames the loss of a loved one on holistic dr's
Aug 02nd 2015
      Well, if said patient had tried the holistic approach 1st, said patient
Aug 02nd 2015
           lol!
Aug 02nd 2015
                "lol!", Hell!!!
Aug 02nd 2015
They basically ARE the ultra-religious
Aug 02nd 2015
      No, allopathic medicine is much more like religion than holistic health
Aug 02nd 2015
           baloney
Aug 04th 2015
lol snopes link
Aug 02nd 2015
^^^
Aug 03rd 2015
that story looked hella suspicious before I even saw the URL
Aug 03rd 2015
i thought chiropractors just crack your back & de-stress/fix posture
Aug 02nd 2015
These motherfuckers out here "treating" immunodeficiency
Aug 03rd 2015
      wow wow
Aug 03rd 2015
i hear basil makes a great bulletproof vest.
Aug 03rd 2015
This reply deserves more love
Aug 03rd 2015
IDK about bulletproof vest, but basil has several health benefits that
Aug 03rd 2015
And there's no suck thing as Eastern Medicine and Western Medicine
Aug 03rd 2015
The evidence of Chinese tradition medicine is that it works and has so
Aug 03rd 2015
      no, there is zero evidence that it works
Aug 03rd 2015
           You have no idea what you're talking abt -. there's mountains of
Aug 03rd 2015
Is it time for the annual "I DONT TRUST DOCTORS!"*
Aug 03rd 2015
Yeah, better known as "The Don't be a Damned Fool and let a Doctor
Aug 03rd 2015
Lol it pretty goes the same way every time.
Aug 04th 2015
This is earlier than normal...
Aug 04th 2015
apparently
Aug 04th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12869392 Previous topic | Next topic