Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12848023

Subject: "RIP Kevin Sutherland" Previous topic | Next topic
Binlahab
Charter member
182954 posts
Wed Jul-08-15 06:02 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"RIP Kevin Sutherland"

#blogpost youve been warned

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinsutherland

http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/kevin-sutherland-dead-killed-washington-dc-metro-stabbing-victim-murder-american-university-graduate-suspect-jasper-spires-photos-pictures-facebook/

for my non clickers...this guy was being robbed of a cell phone, was beaten to the ground & stabbed dozens of times on a crowded metro train, in broad daylight on the fourth of july.

for his cell phone.

so much to say on this.

1) the guy who killed him is crazy. insane. like certifiable. he should never see the light of day again BUT! should also get counseling and some kind of psychological treatment while in the pen.

2) he had his cell tucked in his waistband. put it in your pocket. not trying to blame the victim he should be able to leave his cell on his forehead if he wants but this is the real world. those phones are currency now and people are out here starving.

like when people hear these employment stats && they say its 5.3% or whatever & they think cool...no, man. thats millions of people w/ no job. & we all know those numbers are waaaay higher. so people with no job...going to feed and house themselves right? by any means neccessary. if that means taking from you...then your shit is taken. unless you cant stop em from doing so. which brings me to

3) JUST GIVE IT TO HIM. fk it. unless you are REALLY about that life...like im willing to die for this shit. (which i understand and respect, nobodys taking shit from me) just give it to him.

4) the macro issues that cause this. i was listening to a radio show talk abt it & the hosts were like we arent going on metro anymore...too dangerous. and i dont ride metro much but i honestly dont feel like its dangerous. and thats because i have been in close proximity to desperate people, people willing to risk jail or violence all my life. like 1 step removed. we lived thru crack, i saw drug fiends up close. early. hookers. kicking it the track was across the street. been had the house broken into, seen my mother fist fighting in the street, gotten jumped. all that. & it has equipped me to deal with...riding the metro to suitland on a friday night at midnight...for example. i know how to carry myself. i know how to read the energy in the air. its kinda weird. but its because i HAD to develop that...thats where i lived.

instead of OH lets get more security guards in the metro or why didnt people jump the guy? (he had a knife) why isnt it, lets fix the underlying reasons people are so crazy and desperate they are literally willing to kill others to take their gotdamn cell phones. lets address that.

maybe asking too much. good morning.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

RIP Kevin Sutherland [View all] , Binlahab, Wed Jul-08-15 06:02 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I read an article that the robber took the phone and smashed it.
Jul 08th 2015
blahblahWHITEFEARJUSTIFIEDblahblah
Jul 08th 2015
RIP...
Jul 08th 2015
Why the weekends and holidays?
Jul 08th 2015
      maybe its just my luck but...
Jul 08th 2015
this could've been my sister...quick story
Jul 08th 2015
& i hate to say it because i deplore violence BUT!
Jul 08th 2015
Maybe I watch too much TV, but this sounds like a setup
Jul 08th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12848023 Previous topic | Next topic