Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12837250

Subject: "I'm not doing the meal-service one... I just bought the book for $14.99" Previous topic | Next topic
Very-Effortless
Member since May 07th 2011
7452 posts
Tue Jun-23-15 02:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "I'm not doing the meal-service one... I just bought the book for $14.99"
In response to In response to 1

Groceries for the diet are manageable. The first trip to whole foods was pretty expensive but that's because I had to load up on non-gluten flours and other pantry items that a non-vegan household wouldn't normally have.

bi-weekly groceries are about $100-$125, but mostly because produce is expensive.

Why I started - A couple of reasons
1) My exercise regimen has been together for months now... I run 3 miles no less than 3-4 days a week, work out with a personal trainer weekly, take a couple of fitness classes... but even being in the gym that often, I was seeing more definition but not really seeing the scale move. I knew my diet was shitty and I wanted to change it. My PCP gave me a nutritionist to see, but I figured I'd try this before I make that leap.

2) i'm lactose intolerant and I have had a suspicion for a while that I'm gluten sensitive. My GI once put me on a low-fob diet but it was too damn restrictive of the different fruits and vegetables you could have so I couldn't deal with it. I figured going vegan and then slowly introducing gluten and lactose and meat back into my diet will allow me to discover who the offenders to my digestive track are.

3) colon cancer runs in my family. Mom had it. Grandfather had it twice. A vegetarian diet has been linked to lowering colon cancer risk. I still get my colonoscopies, but whatever I can do to prolong the lifespan of this body is a good thing.

4) I read some reviews of bloggers who tried the 22 day diet and they talked about the same factors I'm experiencing: high energy, quick weight-loss, fewer GI problems, etc... and I figured 22-days isn't a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Green Mile is a movie where the magical black man wrongly dies and the white man who let it happen lives forever.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Today is Day 7 of the 22-Day Revolution Diet (a'la Beyonce) [View all] , Very-Effortless, Tue Jun-23-15 01:16 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
how much does it cost?
Jun 23rd 2015
      thank you for sharing
Jun 23rd 2015
does it tell you how many grams of protein you consume per meal?
Jun 23rd 2015
I have no idea. I haven't really been tracking
Jun 23rd 2015
Cool
Jun 23rd 2015
Re: Food Cost & Serving Size
Jun 23rd 2015
i feel like every woman around me is obsessed with losing weight
Jun 23rd 2015
^^^^^nm
Jun 24th 2015
Having better knowledge of overall nutrition
Jun 24th 2015
A few questions...
Jun 23rd 2015
RE: A few questions...
Jun 24th 2015
you can't lose a pound of fat per day
Jun 24th 2015
exercise, water weight, natural weight fluctuation...
Jun 24th 2015
      yeah..i downloaded the book and will make the food..with a side
Jun 24th 2015
      The fat in the avocado goes a long way to feeling full
Jun 24th 2015
      meat is the healthiest food there is
Jun 24th 2015
RE: Today is Day 7 of the 22-Day Revolution Diet (a'la Beyonce)
Jun 24th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12837250 Previous topic | Next topic