Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12834929

Subject: "OKP: help Mother Emanuel AME Church in their time of need" Previous topic | Next topic
BabySoulRebel
Charter member
19232 posts
Fri Jun-19-15 12:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"OKP: help Mother Emanuel AME Church in their time of need"

we family right?

An acquaintance of mine's family has been a part of Mother Emanuel's congregation for generations. Her aunt actually missed the massacre by 15 minutes (she had to leave bible study early that night). In discussing that tragic event, I asked if there was any way I or other people could help the church. She mentioned that there was talk of setting up a donation fund but she would confirm with her family in Charleston. Today she sent me a website that has been set up by the state government of South Carolina with instructions as to how to donate:

http://www.charleston-sc.gov/index.aspx?NID=1330

Donations for Mother Emanuel Church
For those who want to respond to the tragic event that occurred on June 17th at the Mother Emanuel Church, we ask donors to give in one of two ways:

By using the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund
This city’s fund will provide direct financial support for the funeral and burial expenses of the nine victims of the senseless tragedy. Any funds remaining after the funeral and burial expenses are paid will be donated directly to the Emanuel AME Church for use as determined by its governance board. Donations to this fund are not tax-deductible. These donations can be made in one of three ways ….

1. By sending a check to
Mother Emanuel Hope Fund
c/o City of Charleston
Post Office Box 304
Charleston, SC 29402

2. By stopping by any Wells Fargo Bank nationwide and making a donation to the Fund.

3. Texting 'prayforcharleston' to 843-606-5995 or go to www.bidr.co/prayforcharleston.

Lowcountry Ministries – Reverend Pinckney Fund
This Fund will be administered by the Palmetto Project (a South Carolina non-profit dedicated to improving the lives of South Carolians). 100% of the funds donated will be used in this community to support local initiatives serving his home church, vulnerable populations and youth projects that Reverend Pinckney was so passionate about. Decisions on the use of these funds will be made a task force of stakeholders made up of a member or members of Reverend Pinckney’s family, colleagues, representatives from Emanuel AME Church and other members of our community selected for their specific expertise. These donations will be tax deductible. Donations can be made by:

1. By sending a check to
Lowcountry Ministries – Reverend Pinckney Fund
c/o The Palmetto Project
6296 Rivers Avenue #100
North Charleston, SC 29406

2. Or by donating online at the following web site - www.palmettoproject.org

OKP, let's do what we do best.

here for dis.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

OKP: help Mother Emanuel AME Church in their time of need [View all] , BabySoulRebel, Fri Jun-19-15 12:24 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I spoke to my girl and please spread the word!
Jun 19th 2015
To anyone heading to a Wells Fargo branch
Jun 19th 2015
it's fixed. Feel safe donating in person.
Jun 19th 2015
      cool
Jun 20th 2015
Thanks!
Jun 19th 2015
plan to. thanks for the info
Jun 19th 2015
i bank with wells fargo so I will go that route
Jun 20th 2015
Panthers owner Jerry Richardson donates $100K for Charleston tragedy
Jun 22nd 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12834929 Previous topic | Next topic