Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12820782

Subject: "Cops taze a dude. in front of his family. VIDEO. u make the call" Previous topic | Next topic
lazyboi
Charter member
134473 posts
Wed Jun-03-15 09:58 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Cops taze a dude. in front of his family. VIDEO. u make the call"

http://wjcl.com/2015/06/02/wjcl-investigates-port-wentworth-taser-arrest

Quick facts.

The guy is in the truck when the vid starts.
His wife and two nephews are in the store.
The guy is speaking to another officer…inside and outside.
The police report states that the female officer attempted to guide him to the door , that he tried to strike the female officer, and that he had a knife on his person ( 2 weeks later it is found that the knife actually belonged to the other police officer)
His wife was arrested on obstruction and simple battery of an officer,

Everything else is pretty clear on video.

http://wjcl.com/2015/06/02/wjcl-investigates-port-wentworth-taser-arrest/

PORT WENTWORTH, Ga. (WJCL) — WJCL is taking a closer look at an arrest captured on body camera. A man taken into custody by a Port Wentworth police officer was tased and he says he didn’t do anything wrong.

It all played out in front of his young nephews, and now he’s taking action. In a matter of moments, the police investigation quickly escalated.

Port Wentworth officer Chassity Pellegrino tased Marcus McMullen, who she said attempted to hit her. According to the incident report this all began one April evening when police received a domestic dispute call at a gas station on North Coastal Highway.

Officer Pellegrino responded. We’re told the video WJCL obtained is from the body camera she wore.

In the video, as officer Pellegrino approached the store, McMullen is outside in his SUV, talking to another officer. Inside, McMullen’s wife, who he had just married the day before, and his two young nephews, are at the register.

A police report said the officer walked through the store to see if anyone was hurt. When she heard McMullen enter the store, she approached him.

“He said outside,” Pellegrino said. “Go! Go outside right now. Go! And you two don’t touch me. Go outside. If an officer asks you to go outside, go outside.”

“For what?” Marcus McMullen asked.

“Cause we’re investigating something right now,” Pellegrino said. “We don’t just roll up into a food mart and say, ‘hey, let me talk to you right now.”

“I’m not asking to talk to anybody,” McMullen said. “Go outside right now,” Pellegrino said.

“I got my family with me,” McMullen said. “Go outside right now,” Pellegrino said.

“We’re going now,” Emery McMullen said. “Go outside,” Pellegrino said.

Pellegrino then tried to move McMullen, and when she said he tried to hit her, she deployed her taser. McMullen was then handcuffed, and charged with obstruction of law enforcement.

Pellegrino explains in the incident report why she used force.

“Mr. McMullen blatantly disregarded my lawful order while attempting to investigate a crime and turned away from me and toward his wife, Ms. McMullen. When he did, I attempted to guide Mr. McMullen toward the door where SGT. Phinney was holding the door open for him. When I did, Mr. McMullen quickly turned around as though he was going to punch me with a closed fist. At that time, I deployed my taser.”

Pellegrino went on to say. “When Mr. McMullen fell to the ground, a knife and cell phone scattered across the ground coming from his person.”

In a follow-up report, written two weeks later, Pellegrino changed that part of her statement “It was brought to my attention that the knife mentioned as being Mr. McMullen’s knife originally, was actually SGT Phinney’s knife.”

Officers have only given WJCL an incident report. They tell us there are more videos, which we’ve requested.

WJCL has also asked for the disciplinary record of the officer involved, and what type of taser training employees undergo.

McMullen wasn’t the only one arrested. His wife, Emery, was as well on obstruction and simple battery of an officer, according to the incident report.

As for the initial call that brought police to the store, it’s unclear who was even involved in the dispute. One thing is certain the McMullens will not forget the day after the wedding.

The McMullens declined comment. They directed us to their attorney.

The attorney also declined to give an interview. He tells WJCL they are currently fighting the obstruction and simply battery charges.

Our calls to Port Wentworth police asking for a comment on this piece were not returned.

"If you wanna help us, fine. Sit down with your kids and make 'em study at night...otherwise, shoot THIS mothaf*cka!" (c) Morgan Freeman,

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Cops taze a dude. in front of his family. VIDEO. u make the call [View all] , lazyboi, Wed Jun-03-15 09:58 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Female cop needs to be fired and should never be allowed to be a cop.
Jun 03rd 2015
she escalated that entire situation
Jun 03rd 2015
      She ran up on him like an episode of Cheaters
Jun 03rd 2015
           i'm like how do u run up on a man WITH HIS FAMILY and 1. push him
Jun 03rd 2015
                Overcompensating
Jun 03rd 2015
this is the same police department that gave a fire chief THREE
Jun 03rd 2015
Georgia-- case closed.