Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12806053

Subject: "May you help me win a $25,000 grant for my organization?" Previous topic | Next topic
LadyLoveChild
Charter member
13898 posts
Fri May-15-15 08:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"May you help me win a $25,000 grant for my organization?"

Hello. I don't post here as much with a full-time job and 3 kids ages 3, 2, and 8 months. But as you say, NERL and I am connected with a bunch of yall on facebook and instagram (lakishalove if you want to follow).

I work as the Manager of College and Career Readiness as a national organizations called Communities In Schools (of Delaware). I recently co-wrote a grant application for the State Farm Neighborhood Assist Program for $25,000. This grant is designed to fund an event in Downtown Dover with the intent to build relationships between the community we serve, the most at risk youth in our schools, and law enforcement, non profits and other community support organizations. This week we received news that our application was chosen as one of the top 200 in the country. Over the next 21 days there will be a Facebook voting campaign. We are the only organization in Delaware that has made it to this level! I wanted to make sure you were aware of this exciting opportunity and to ask for your support and the support of Downtown Dover business and organizations during the online voting process. Voting opened TODAY! This is a link to vote and read a summary of the grant application. https://www.state-assist.com/cause/1504018/racing-to-build-communitycommunity
In order to be in the running for the top 40 awarded organizations we will need close to 40,000 votes over the next 21 days.

The voting process launched yesterday. Each day, use all ten of your votes to vote for Communities In Schools of Delaware in the State Farm Neighborhood Assist voting grant. Voting is simple. Below are the steps:
1. Click the link below:
https://www.state-assist.com/…/15…/racing-to-build-community
(if that doesn't work, search for the cause, "Racing to Build Community")
2. Check the box "Use the remainder of your daily votes"
3. Submit your votes!
4. Share with friends!
5. REPEAT DAILY + DO THE RUNNING MAN

Thanks a bunch for joining me in the mission to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life!

living everyday grateful for his grace!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

May you help me win a $25,000 grant for my organization? [View all] , LadyLoveChild, Fri May-15-15 08:59 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
haha, yo, i'm a Site Coordinator for CIS
May 15th 2015
Is CIS of Delaware the only affiliate in the running?
May 15th 2015
      HA! Yes, I posted on yammer and emailed the National Office
May 15th 2015
           small world indeed. only been with CIS since January.
May 15th 2015
                Sweet! Well maybe I will see you at town hall or summer institute!
May 16th 2015
                     i'll be at the thing in DC in July.
May 16th 2015
Thank you for the anchor!
May 15th 2015
RE: May you help me win a $25,000 grant for my organization?
May 15th 2015
People not on FB, how can they help? n/m
May 15th 2015
Email to your friends that may have Facebook?
May 16th 2015
did your org write a facebook post about this ...
May 15th 2015
We did search Communities In Schools of Delaware. Or..
May 16th 2015
      awesome...i just shared it on my timeline
May 16th 2015
           Thanks for the support!
May 16th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12806053 Previous topic | Next topic