Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12790198

Subject: "SMH!! newly elected mayor in Mizzou suspended and locked out of city hal..." Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
79718 posts
Sat Apr-25-15 10:51 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"SMH!! newly elected mayor in Mizzou suspended and locked out of city hal..."

http://fox2now.com/2015/04/23/new-kinloch-mayor-blocked-by-police-from-entering-city-hall/
KINLOCH, MO (KTVI) – Our Fox 2 cameras were the only ones there as the newly-elected Kinloch mayor was greeted by police for her first day on the job.

Betty McCray was not only prevented from entering city hall, she was also told she’d been impeached before she got a chance to start.

McCray ran for mayor in the April 7 election and won.

“I won. The people spoke,” McCray said. “I was sworn in by the St. Louis County. Today I take office. I want them out, I want the keys.”

After the election results were certified earlier this week by the St. Louis County Board of Elections, Kinloch’s outgoing administration refused to allow the city clerk to give McCray the oath of office, claiming voter fraud.

“Today is the first day that that the city hall door has been unlocked. They keep it locked,” McCray said. “You got to beat and you got to bang (to get in). They have an officer police sitting right at the door.”

On Thursday, McCray was ready to start on the job, but was met with strong resistance. Fox 2 was there with McCray when she showed up at city hall, where she was greeted by more than 20 Kinloch police officers.

One officer attempted to prevent himself from being filmed by pushing a camera away. No one was being allowed inside city hall, including the elected mayor.

Kinloch city attorney James Robinson informed McCray she had been impeached. However, the city refused to tell the new mayor the articles of impeachment.

“You have been served with articles of impeachment that were put in the mail,” said attorney James Robinson.

Mayor McCray said she will file an injunction with St. Louis County courts and return to Kinloch City Hall Friday and try to enter the building again.

Update: A lawyer for Kinloch says he misspoke after this story aired. He says the new mayor is not impeached, she is suspended. They realized there is a process that the city must go through before they can impeach her. He says the mayor has been served with articles of impeachment on Thursday. Newly-elected mayor Mayor Betty McCray says she never got them. Kinloch cannot hold an impeachment hearing until 30 days after the papers are served.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

SMH!! newly elected mayor in Mizzou suspended and locked out of city hal... [View all] , legsdiamond, Sat Apr-25-15 10:51 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Mizzou is the nickname of a state university - not the name of the state
Apr 25th 2015
thank you for your contribution
Apr 25th 2015
only 10 ppl live in Kinloch.
Apr 25th 2015
this shit is nuts. reminds me of mcgruder's birth of a nation (comic)
Apr 25th 2015
also, Kinloch's population is nearly 100% Black.
Apr 25th 2015
this shit is ridiculous.
Apr 25th 2015
man, the amount of corruption must is insane.
Apr 25th 2015
But frighteningly consistent with how other Black-majority locales
Apr 25th 2015
BTW, let's not confuse this town w/the one where the cops resigned.
Apr 25th 2015
Thank you for clarifying this
Apr 25th 2015
and despite this they wont even have them have a mayor they chose?
Apr 25th 2015
it's Kinloch. i'm not surprised.
Apr 25th 2015
ya, looked the town up
Apr 25th 2015
see? lol
Apr 25th 2015
lol@ martin luther king boulevard
Apr 25th 2015
      right?
Apr 25th 2015
      hotdamn
Apr 25th 2015
      https://youtu.be/UZ_jp11WxC8?t=47s
Apr 25th 2015
That sweater screams embezzlement
Apr 25th 2015
thx, I thought this was the same mayor. its still crazy to shrug off ele...
Apr 25th 2015
pretty much confirms i will never go to missouri
Apr 25th 2015
Crazy.
Apr 25th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12790198 Previous topic | Next topic