Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12771332

Subject: "Can I get my gender wars and loud and wrong on for a second?" Previous topic | Next topic
MEAT
Member since Feb 08th 2008
22248 posts
Fri Apr-03-15 10:10 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Can I get my gender wars and loud and wrong on for a second?"

I just feel that women get so much hype for emotional maturity that they don't expand its definition. Like they get so much credit for recognizing feeling at a young age, that they define emotions as situations and not cumulative actions, because that's what it tends to be in youth.

Someone yelled at me, I'm sad. Tisha took my pencil, I'm mad. Meanwhile at that age boys are still acting out responses rather than being introspective.

Meanwhile as we get older It's as if women form such a foundation built on action and emotional response that they see the cumulation of emotion as the worst possible thing.

Men are almost immediately worse off if they associate emotional responses with every action. We see it all the time "I don't like how you used them big words you must be disrespecting me." Or the men that think they need to fight because someone talked at them wrong.

So let me not pick at you thirteen times for the thirteen times you didn't do the dishes, let me bring it up after a few weeks that I've been doing the dishes too much. I can't possibly keep and individual tally of every time something bothered me. Because as a man, ultimately my feelings don't matter all that much, my responses are what I'm judged for.

------
“There is no fate that cannot be surmounted by scorn.” -Albert Camus

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Can I get my gender wars and loud and wrong on for a second? [View all] , MEAT, Fri Apr-03-15 10:10 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i screamed on a nigga at a bar last night.
Apr 03rd 2015
I'm being pressed for not nagging.
Apr 03rd 2015
This is spot on.
Apr 03rd 2015
Yup. Also, pointing out how other people are being
Apr 03rd 2015
^^ball game^^
Apr 03rd 2015
Accept that she can do shit that she would yell at you if you did
Apr 03rd 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12771332 Previous topic | Next topic