Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12747166

Subject: "On Long Distance Relationships: What's your opinion? Good or Bad" Previous topic | Next topic
Case_One
Charter member
54687 posts
Tue Mar-10-15 02:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"On Long Distance Relationships: What's your opinion? Good or Bad"

I usually don't tell my personal business on here (except for my son). But it's 2015 and I promised y'all that I would do better. So, I have embarked on a long-distance relationship. And I have to tell you, this is very different for me and I'm hoping that it will work.

I met the young lady over the Thanksgiving holiday in VA. But I live in the ATL and she lives in NYC. Nevertheless, from the time that I met her on 11/29/2014 we have only missed about 3 days without talking. She has been down to the ATL twice to spend the MLK Holiday weekend in Jan with me and the other time was for an whole week in Feb. During both visits we had amazing times and our chemistry is great.

To be honest, I meet a lot of quality and beautiful women in the "A", but this sister is special and we are on the same page about a lot of things and life. She's different for my normal professional, educated, model chick that I normally date. And I say that because I needed someone that didn't fit the same old mold and standard. I needed someone that was just as beautiful on the inside and she is on the outside, focused, motivated and grounded about life. Well, she is all of those things and more. She's a real Woman's Woman and a great conversational. We text every day and she's very supportive and motivating about life. She's like a breath for fresh air.

I know that this sound crazy, but we recently decided to make it official as a couple. It was kind of easy for me since I had slowly let the other straggles drift off. I guess I was anticipating this moment. But at the same time it's still crazy for me because I'm the kind of dude that likes to spend QT and romance time with that special lady. Yeah, Facetime helps, but it's not the same. I recently sent some flowers unexpectedly to her job - got 100 point for that..LOL

I need to set up a travel date this month to go see her. I'm willing to try and make this a success. It's just all new.

Anyway, I'm open and wiling to hear suggestions. So if you have'em let'em fly.

"Today is your day to have a better life -- it's your right."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

On Long Distance Relationships: What's your opinion? Good or Bad [View all] , Case_One, Tue Mar-10-15 02:51 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I can do medium-distance, but not long-distance
Mar 10th 2015
Man, I've haven't don't this kind of distance since the Army
Mar 10th 2015
They aren't good or bad, they are just difficult.
Mar 10th 2015
And I'm face-to-face kind of a cat.
Mar 10th 2015
      to me that kind of stuff is largely a nuisance/hard to maintain
Mar 10th 2015
           Like my dad say's, "keep it in the slow lane."
Mar 10th 2015
long distance makes sense if yall are already in lurve
Mar 10th 2015
This is exactly how I feel
Mar 10th 2015
been there done that, wouldnt do it again personally
Mar 10th 2015
Yeah, you never really know a person until you marry them
Mar 10th 2015
too much work
Mar 10th 2015
Yeah, we both know it's gonna be some work.
Mar 10th 2015
I've personally had bad luck even trying to get to know a girl LD
Mar 10th 2015
Dude, Out chemistry in person is amazing.
Mar 10th 2015
things move faster and yet slower at the same time in LDRs
Mar 10th 2015
True that.
Mar 10th 2015
long distance is the wrong distance
Mar 10th 2015
That good double edge sword.
Mar 10th 2015
get that Highway Ministry poppin!
Mar 10th 2015
you gotta have a plan...
Mar 10th 2015
We have a plan and we're trying to work it out.
Mar 10th 2015
someone better make plans to move or cut the cord
Mar 10th 2015
Plans are in the works.
Mar 10th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12747166 Previous topic | Next topic