Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12735008

Subject: "Anybody know anyone looking to buy a house in Bumfuck AZ?" Previous topic | Next topic
KosherSam
Member since Mar 18th 2004
70132 posts
Tue Feb-24-15 02:51 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Anybody know anyone looking to buy a house in Bumfuck AZ?"

Heading out next week to clear out my dad's place and put it on the market.

Several issues exist:

1) His development is in the middle of nowhere. He had to drive 20 minutes on the interstate to go grocery shopping.

2) The economy crashed while they were building that phase of the development, so they stopped building. His block is finished, but you go a block or two in any direction, and it's paved streets and sidewalks with no houses on the block.

3) In southern Arizona, you have to sell the house in Winter or else. Ain't nobody moving in 120 degree heat. So by the time we finish cleaning it out, we'll have like 3 weeks to sell it or else be stuck with it for at least 6 months, with me on the hook for the mortgage.

4) Looking at other listings in his neighborhood, all of them seemingly have been on the market for 6 months or more.

So basically, in order to try and move this house within the very brief time period that we have, we're gonna have to find the most comparable house, undercut their price by 10% or more, and use the agent selling that house to tell any previously interested buyers about this new listing.

After the sale goes through, I'm gonna wind up owing 5 figures on this place, smh...

*Jews you*

"this is okp tho, reading is completely optional" (c) desus

Proceed with caution. I am overtly racist.

<-- In Pigpen we trust

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Anybody know anyone looking to buy a house in Bumfuck AZ? [View all] , KosherSam, Tue Feb-24-15 02:51 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
may I ask
Feb 24th 2015
I'm the executor of the estate
Feb 24th 2015
      dang that sucks....I know my mom just went through this
Feb 24th 2015
sucks. curious, what happens if the state/bank just takes it?
Feb 24th 2015
Would it be too much of a hassle to try and rent it out?
Feb 24th 2015
There's absolutely nothing there. Can't imagine a rental situation
Feb 24th 2015
      Better call Walter White?
Feb 24th 2015
can you short sell it?
Feb 24th 2015
near phoenix or Tucson?
Feb 24th 2015
Green Valley, about 45 mins south of Tuscon, 20 mins south of Sahuarita
Feb 24th 2015
      How close to Sierra Vista?