Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12732966

Subject: "You want more Horrys and less Webbers in your life, believe that." Previous topic | Next topic
ConcreteCharlie
Member since Nov 21st 2002
71387 posts
Fri Feb-20-15 06:24 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"You want more Horrys and less Webbers in your life, believe that."

If somebody doesn't come through for you and more importantly doesn't come through for themselves time after time, they need to go. Maybe they can sort their own shit out. Wish them the best. Help them if you can. But you can't tether yourself to them. You're just going to end up with disappointment for them and double disappointment when you're involved in something together.

Oh, and, uh, yeah, I did finally break up with my chick if that's what you're wondering.

But this is also a broader taking stock of things and people, not just her. I am posting it on OKP because a lot of people here have told me things I heard but didn't understand. Things like once you stop hitting everyone off, you see how much those favors were holding you back. Don't get me wrong, some people have laid shit on the line for me and I will ALWAYS remember that and have their back, no matter how deep it gets. But if it's somebody that's just vaguely loyal or kind of hanging around the scene, nah, they can do handle their own business.

So I guess I'd like to hear how other people see reciprocity, relationships, obligations and when to think about yourself first or other people first. Or maybe I just felt like rambling. I can't call it.

And you will know MY JACKET IS GOLD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

You want more Horrys and less Webbers in your life, believe that. [View all] , ConcreteCharlie, Fri Feb-20-15 06:24 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
... fewer Webbers.
Feb 20th 2015
yay another me first selfish jerk in the world.
Feb 20th 2015
that's rich coming from you, plus you totally misinterpreted what i said
Feb 20th 2015
      illogical?! surely you jest.
Feb 20th 2015
Chris Webber puts you in a position to win.THEN Robert Horry
Feb 20th 2015
5 starters and a few role players
Feb 20th 2015
hmmm, well now we are making this more about actual hoops but OK ...
Feb 21st 2015
is this the pyt?
Feb 20th 2015
lol man, that's all you need to say and yes, that's her
Feb 21st 2015
      yea man
Feb 21st 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12732966 Previous topic | Next topic