Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12727195

Subject: "Nerd Talk: Is Microsoft's Metro a waste? Let's talk Mobile GUIs. " Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49394 posts
Fri Feb-13-15 03:28 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Nerd Talk: Is Microsoft's Metro a waste? Let's talk Mobile GUIs. "

Even though it comes after the Palm/iOs/Android GUI, does it meaningfully improve the user experience?

I have a laptop and a desktop with Win8 but no touch screens so I can't call it. It seemed like a change for the sake of change without being an innovation.

Should MS just give up and develop a GUI that is similar if not much like the Palm/IoS/Android GUI?

Do you think it's possible to improve upon the Palm/IoS/Android GUI?

Have you seen other GUIs that you think could be an interesting mobile GUI alternative?

Is there a name for the Palm/IoS/Android GUI so that I can stop calling it the Palm/IoS/Android GUI?

It seems like Microsoft are the only ones with the might to shake up the Google/Android/Facebook world domination so I am kind of pulling for them to win a little. Which is weird I know because MS world domination wasn't necessarily a great thing (I guess I want them to disrupt without dominating).

This article got me thinking about this.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/13/samsung-could-roll-back-its-own-software-and-embrace-microsoft-for-galaxy-s6/

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're r

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Nerd Talk: Is Microsoft's Metro a waste? Let's talk Mobile GUIs. [View all] , Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Feb-13-15 03:28 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
google/android calls their aesthetic 'material design'
Feb 13th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12727195 Previous topic | Next topic