Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12718828

Subject: "Is trying to get a partial refund petty?" Previous topic | Next topic
bonitaapplebaum71481
Member since Aug 04th 2003
22576 posts
Wed Feb-04-15 06:46 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Is trying to get a partial refund petty?"

So I just went to the grocery store and bought five items, the cashier inquired about my double piercing in my nose and I explained to her that I'm a piercer. She got distracted and ended up scanning another's item with my stuff before I swiped my card. I was caught up with the boy so I didn't notice and I left. The gent behind me caught up with me and explained that I was charged instead of him, I told him he could just pay me back but turns out the girl shrugged off her mistake and charged him as well.

That prompted me to return to the grocery store after I got my boy settled (he still had HW to do) and hashed it out peacefully with her and the manager. They won't give me the 5.99 in cash, they have to credit it back to my card. I didn't walk over there with my entire wallet so I assured them I'd be back tomorrow.

It's not like the $$ will break me so should I go back or just get them to honor something else for me under the same amount?

"i wanna hug all u idiotic bastards & then set you all on fire" -Bin

www.twitter.com/bedstuybetty
http://bedstuybetty.tumblr.com/
DROkayplayer: Giving you good puff since May '05

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Is trying to get a partial refund petty? [View all] , bonitaapplebaum71481, Wed Feb-04-15 06:46 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i don't think it's petty
Feb 04th 2015
go back n get it..if YOU took something for .50, theyd arrest you
Feb 04th 2015
^^
Feb 04th 2015
^
Feb 04th 2015
^^
Feb 06th 2015
hell nah. get that $
Feb 04th 2015
nah it was silly not to return with your whole wallet...
Feb 04th 2015
...are we related?
Feb 06th 2015
nah, not petty at all
Feb 04th 2015
Update: everything got resolved and they even refunded me extra
Feb 06th 2015
:)
Feb 06th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12718828 Previous topic | Next topic