Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12710647

Subject: "Since the topic is pets & Florida: "Tampa cat crawls from his grave" (li..." Previous topic | Next topic
Marbles
Member since Oct 19th 2004
22292 posts
Wed Jan-28-15 09:31 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
21. "Since the topic is pets & Florida: "Tampa cat crawls from his grave" (li..."
In response to In response to 0

http://www.tampabay.com/news/humaninterest/five-days-after-burial-tampa-cat-crawls-back-from-grave/2215343

TAMPA — Eleven days ago, Ellis Hutson found his cat Bart in the middle of E 113th Avenue. He had just been hit by a car and wasn't breathing.

"I couldn't stand to bury the cat," the 52-year-old said, so he asked his neighbor Dave to dig 1 ½-year-old Bart a shallow grave next to the street.

Five days later, hair matted and much the worse for wear, Bart was back, somehow managing to escape his grave. He meowed at Hutson's neighbor, Dusty Albritton, for some food on Jan. 21.

"At first it blew me away," said Albritton, 42. "All I knew was this cat was dead and Pet Sematary is real."

Bart had a broken jaw, a ruptured eye and a torn-up face, but he was alive, dehydrated and hungry. And Hutson wasn't sure what to do.

"It was unbelievable," he said, chuckling. "I've never seen anything like that before."

He reached out to veterinarians before getting in touch with the Humane Society of Tampa Bay, who offered to take care of Bart. Hutson didn't have much money for Bart's extensive surgeries, but Humane Society executive director Sherry Silk said the organization's Save-A-Pet Medical Fund will help Hutson pay for the procedures, which will cost more than $1,000.

Bart underwent surgery to remove his eye, wire his jaw shut and insert a feeding tube Tuesday afternoon. He is expected to make a full recovery in about six weeks.

Hutson plans to keep Bart after he heals.

"The guy genuinely, believe me, cares about this cat," Silk said. "He's a well-meaning guy."

As for Bart?

"He's purring, even with all these injuries," Silk said. "I can't even imagine how awful he must have felt. He's just a really wonderful, patient, loving cat."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Florida Woman Drowns Doberman Puppy In Airport Toilet [View all] , thegodcam, Tue Jan-27-15 02:48 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
motherfucker
Jan 27th 2015
#FLORIDAONTHEBEAT
Jan 27th 2015
they should just leave her alone
Jan 27th 2015
...than making your plane on time?
Jan 27th 2015
huh?
Jan 28th 2015
I don't like animals in any way, but found this fucked up.
Jan 27th 2015
People that don't like animals cant be trusted
Jan 27th 2015
Did she fear for her life?
Jan 27th 2015
i don't even like dogs and i was disgusted by this headline.
Jan 27th 2015
RE: Florida Woman Drowns Doberman Puppy In Airport Toilet
Jan 27th 2015
Gurgle gurgle (c) puppy
Jan 27th 2015
what the fuck
Jan 27th 2015
I'm not an animal person by any means...
Jan 27th 2015
It's like all decision making skills went out the window
Jan 27th 2015
Plan A: sneak dog on plane/ Plan B: Drown it?
Jan 27th 2015
^^ floridians are missing that part of their brain that tells you, nah t...
Jan 27th 2015
gatdamb, Florida somehow always seems to out-Florida itself!
Jan 27th 2015
she could have at least donated it to a food bank
Jan 27th 2015
dogs >> florida
Jan 27th 2015
I don't even have words for this dumb shit...omg
Jan 27th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12710647 Previous topic | Next topic