Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12709681

Subject: "nah I agree with you" Previous topic | Next topic
initiationofplato
Member since Nov 06th 2013
2420 posts
Mon Jan-26-15 07:35 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "nah I agree with you"
In response to In response to 0
Mon Jan-26-15 07:45 PM by initiationofplato

>I started to go on a rant about how
>it's dumb to arrest children for using drugs
>because that fucks up their life more than a drug can.
>

^ 100% Correct.

I am not sure if I agree with the rest of your post. Several of those "assumptions" are real problems.

In Ancient high cultures drugs were used and only given to those who had earned the right to use them, and to those seeking knowledge and experience of themselves and their creator. Educated and mature people. The young were slowly indoctrinated through education and ultimately experience.

Our bodies operate on chemicals. We are full of "drugs" that the government deems illegal. Many drugs do not deliver anything foreign into your blood stream, some simply open the flood gates to your own natural resources of chemicals that stimulate pleasure.

Altering one's consciousness is a good path to the knowledge of self as it opens your eyes to possibilities and realities that your senses cannot easily detect on their own. Scientific instruments which measure radiation in the universe are extensions of our senses. Drugs can be used as extensions of our senses to perceive our reality, however, drugs can also be used to great despair.

You must be equipped with a good head on your shoulders before you start dabbling with drugs. If we lived in a society which educated people on the benefits and dangers of drugs, decriminalized them and offered regulated, clean doses. We would eliminate virtually all overdose problems as overdoses usually occur when a "dirty" chemical is mixed up with the real substance, or if someone tries to pass it off as the real thing. ie. fentanyl as heroin, bath salts as mdma, etc.

Drug withdrawals are also over hyped in television and movies. A heroin withdrawal is on par with a flu, not a gut wrenching tormenting nightmare. Heroin, cocaine, and other hard drugs are far less toxic than alcohol, which is the hardest drug of them all, is legal, impairs judgement the most, is a narcotic, and damages the most organs while killing the most brain cells.

~Experience is the currency of the soul.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

the addiction narrative in 2015. [View all] , Joe Corn Mo, Mon Jan-26-15 03:18 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i've talked to parents, prosecutors and judges about this.
Jan 26th 2015
the systemic socialization of discipline and punishiment
Jan 26th 2015
      i need to read up on this.
Jan 26th 2015
           just finished Carl Hart's - High Price
Jan 26th 2015
           if i wasn't at work i'd hook up
Jan 26th 2015
Drug decriminalisation in Portugal: setting the record straight
Jan 26th 2015
I agree.
Jan 26th 2015
ah HA.
Jan 26th 2015
you trying hella hard to be the biggest dummy on these boards
Jan 26th 2015
      You can verify everything I just wrote. Where exactly do you find fault?
Jan 27th 2015
Just read this the other day ...
Jan 26th 2015
Great correlation between Rat Park and the Prison Industry
Jan 27th 2015
thanks for this
Jan 27th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12709681 Previous topic | Next topic