Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12686364

Subject: "Louis Armstrong arrested as "suspicious & dangerous" age 9 in 1910" Previous topic | Next topic
imcvspl
Member since Mar 07th 2005
42239 posts
Mon Dec-29-14 03:13 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Louis Armstrong arrested as "suspicious & dangerous" age 9 in 1910"
Mon Dec-29-14 03:26 PM by imcvspl

just to be clear this is prior to his arrest in 1913 for shooting a gun on new years eve. this was just a round-up.

http://www.nola.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/12/our_times_the_louis_armstrong.html#incart_most-read

Down the street, between Gravier Street and Tulane Avenue, police put a stop to something else. Six boys were arrested there "for being dangerous and suspicious characters," according to a brief on page 4 of the following day's Daily Picayune.

"Detectives Charles Mellen, William Kennedy, John Dantonio and Patrolman Anthony Sabrier arrested Henry Smith, of Lafayette and Fulton; James Kent, of 338 Saratoga Street; Archie Anderson, of 631 Dryades Street; Willie Telfry, of 416 S. Franklin Street; Louis Armstrong, of Perdido, between Liberty and Franklin streets; and Eddie Moore, of Liberty, between Gravier and Perdido streets," the paper said.

Armstrong was 9.

over a hundred years and ain't a damn thing changed.

the whole article is interesting. though i must side against the we should be thankful for it because it led to him becoming the great trumpeter angle.

█▆▇▅▇█▇▆▄▁▃
Big PEMFin H & z's
"I ain't no entertainer, and ain't trying to be one. I am 1 thing, a musician." � Miles

"When the music stops he falls back in the abyss."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Louis Armstrong arrested as "suspicious & dangerous" age 9 in 1910 [View all] , imcvspl, Mon Dec-29-14 03:13 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I ride for Pops all day, but they were shooting a gun off.
Dec 29th 2014
that was the second arrest and it was new years... everyone was
Dec 29th 2014
^^yep the Jazz documentary mentioned this in the 1st series - 'Little
Dec 29th 2014
      again that's 3 years later not what happened when he was 9
Dec 29th 2014
           Yep I read it was afterwards but still...Armstrong said himself he was a
Dec 29th 2014
           People read what they want, so they can create their own facts.
Dec 29th 2014
                RE: People read what they want, so they can create their own facts.
Dec 29th 2014
                     captain joseph jones was very black. manuela was creole.
Dec 29th 2014

Lobby General Discussion topic #12686364 Previous topic | Next topic