Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12668980

Subject: "women: Not Wanting Kids Is Entirely Normal" Previous topic | Next topic
akon
Charter member
27010 posts
Sun Dec-07-14 03:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"women: Not Wanting Kids Is Entirely Normal"

mainly posting cause i thought the first couple of paragraphs were hilarious
----
In 2008, Nebraska decriminalized child abandonment. The move was part of a "safe haven" law designed to address increased rates of infanticide in the state. Like other safe haven laws, parents in Nebraska who felt unprepared to care for their babies could drop them off at a designated location without fear of arrest and prosecution. But legislators made a major logistical error: They failed to implement an age limitation for dropped-off children.

Within just weeks of the law passing, parents started dropping off their kids. But here's the rub: None of them were infants. A couple of months in, 36 children had been left in state hospitals and police stations. Twenty-two of the children were over 13 years old. A 51-year-old grandmother dropped off a 12-year-old boy. One father dropped off his entire family -- nine children from ages one to 17. Others drove from neighboring states to drop off their children once they heard that they could abandon them without repercussion.

The Nebraska state government, realizing the tremendous mistake it had made, held a special session of the legislature to rewrite the law in order to add an age limitation. Governor Dave Heineman said the change would "put the focus back on the original intent of these laws, which is saving newborn babies and exempting a parent from prosecution for child abandonment. It should also prevent those outside the state from bringing their children to Nebraska in an attempt to secure services."

On November 21, 2008, the last day that the safe haven law was in effect for children of all ages, a mother from Yolo County, California, drove over 1,200 miles to the Kimball County Hospital in Nebraska where she left her 14-year-old son.

the rest... http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/09/not-wanting-kids-is-entirely-normal/262367/

http://perspectivesudans.blogspot.com/
i myself would never want to be god,or even like god.Because god got all these human beings on this planet and i most certainly would not want to be responsible for them, or even have the disgrace that i made them.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

women: Not Wanting Kids Is Entirely Normal [View all] , akon, Sun Dec-07-14 03:15 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Yolo County!
Dec 07th 2014
I wonder how that car ride over from California went.
Dec 07th 2014
      why didnt the kid just leave?
Dec 07th 2014
i shouldnt laugh but i did
Dec 07th 2014
if there were a drop-off option, i wouldnt hesitate to have kids
Dec 07th 2014
It's unnatural IMO
Dec 07th 2014
yep
Dec 07th 2014
      this is silly
Dec 07th 2014
      wanting to produce offspring is natural.
Dec 07th 2014
           in *your* world maybe
Dec 07th 2014
                I forgot Im on OKP, my bad.
Dec 07th 2014
                     i dont even know what this sentence means
Dec 07th 2014
                          RE: i dont even know what this sentence means
Dec 07th 2014
                               i wish i had time to engage in semantics.
Dec 07th 2014
      in a world where women out number men
Dec 07th 2014
           i dont even know how we got here... i was looking for some funnies
Dec 07th 2014
Dude that dropped off 9 kids is a fucking coward..
Dec 07th 2014
its almost like okayplayers dont have a sense of humour anymore :o(
Dec 07th 2014
One of the lowest most worthless actions a human being can take imo
Dec 07th 2014
LOL
Dec 07th 2014
lol@ most of em being teens
Dec 08th 2014

Lobby General Discussion topic #12668980 Previous topic | Next topic