Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12667257

Subject: "Found out a co-worker killed 2 people in a DUI manslaughter" Previous topic | Next topic
j.
Member since Feb 24th 2009
3819 posts
Thu Dec-04-14 02:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Found out a co-worker killed 2 people in a DUI manslaughter"

not gonna post personal info but it was on the news when it happened
i.e it's not hearsay

How I found out was someone in the office noticed that co-worker wears an ankle monitor, and this someone was like WTF? so instead of directly asking and potentially creating an uncomfortable situation, googles co-workers name and finds articles, crash scene photos, mugshot, the whole enchilada

Then I'm told and I'm like "I could've lived without that info" Now I can't help but look at co-worker sideways. I asked who else knows? and apparently our in-house investigative reporter has only told one other person.

Obviously management knows. According to the news articles the victims' families got a civil lawsuit settlement and the criminal case is still pending.

Then of course I have to confront my own hypocrisy cuz back in the day I too, drove drunk. Thankfully I didn't hurt anyone. Why did I drive drunk? I was young and stupid.

Clearly co-worker didn't mean to kill anyone. But in a flash my perception went from "smart, does job well, cool peeps" to "ehhhh..."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Found out a co-worker killed 2 people in a DUI manslaughter [View all] , j., Thu Dec-04-14 02:39 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
http://i.imgur.com/a92Bi8P.jpg
Dec 04th 2014
just don't find yourself in a situation like that...
Dec 04th 2014
RE: Found out a co-worker killed 2 people in a DUI manslaughter
Dec 04th 2014
One of my coworkers nearly killed someone in a DUI
Dec 04th 2014
that's another thing: walking away without a scratch
Dec 04th 2014
dang
Dec 04th 2014
Someone at my hs killed his 2 best friends.
Dec 04th 2014
i can relate. my freshman year,
Dec 07th 2014
Dude I worked with killed his girlfriend in a DUI
Dec 04th 2014
white guy?
Dec 07th 2014
      RE: white guy?
Dec 07th 2014
I used to work with this mofo...
Dec 07th 2014
damn that f*cked up