Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13033461

Subject: "It's a fucking balsy ass move. I applaud her, and I pray for her, lol." Previous topic | Next topic
BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Wed Jun-07-17 08:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
4. "It's a fucking balsy ass move. I applaud her, and I pray for her, lol."
In response to In response to 2

but like you said Its a PURE marketing move to have a POC of color as the face of marketing considering the discrimination lawsuits. You KNOW they paid her an obscene amount of money, probably lottery level, to make that move (hopefully she aint take that in stock options, lol)

The thing is I don't think it's enough; they've got NO goodwill across the board

Their CEO is the public face of asshole CEO's
Drivers complain they are basically slave labor
The discrimination lawsuits
Google's suing them for stealing their tech

Their brand is so toxic apparently ex-workers can't get hired..BECAUSE THEY WORKED AT UBER, lol

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/07/uber-work-culture-travis-kalanick-susan-fowler-controversy

it's going to take that miracle to right the ship. All she can hope for is to keep the fires down to a minimum for the next couple of years, take that as a win(which sadly it would be), and bounce for a CEO position like you said before it totally sinks.

Long term I see Uber like Friendster or Myspace...setting the groundwork until a 'facebook' comes along and improves the model across the bord.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Apple's Bozoma Saint John brought some life to WWDC today. [View all] , DavidHasselhoff, Mon Jun-13-16 09:23 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
very cool. thought she did a great job.
Jun 14th 2016
annnnd she's gone............to Uber
Jun 07th 2017
Go to the place that needs you the most. Presumably she has
Jun 07th 2017
get money.. but ughh, I hate when 60 minutes would do stories
Jun 07th 2017

Lobby General Discussion topic #13033461 Previous topic | Next topic