Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13135172

Subject: "Republicans will not admit: There are 5 distinct healthcare systems in t..." Previous topic | Next topic
handle
Charter member
19004 posts
Wed Mar-15-17 12:23 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Republicans will not admit: There are 5 distinct healthcare systems in t..."
Wed Mar-15-17 12:27 PM by handle

1)Socialized Medicine
This is run by the government using their own hospitals and doctors and is available to members of the armed services. Examples: Active duty medical care . Certain aspects of the VA/VHA system.

2)Single Payer
This is healthcare paid by the government completely - but the actual care takes place at private facilities. Examples: Medicare (and state run programs like Medi-Cal), TriCare (For reserves, and retired unless they qualify for VHA.)

3)Employer Based Insurance Private Coverage
These are insurance plans your employee signs up as a group and allows it's employees to enroll in. Sometimes the cost is minimal to the employee, other times they pay the full cost.

4)Private Insurance Coverage
This is insurance you pay for completely on your own. The terms of coverage and the need for profits are what determines the cost.

5)Fee for Service
If you have a lot of money you can just straight pay for services. Like break a leg and cut the hospital a check for $28k or whatever it costs.

Make no mistake , Republicans are against ALL of the options above except for #1, #4, and #5.

#1: because they are flag fuckers - but when push comes to shove they'd want to discharge the most injured/costly troops.

#4:They see personal profits from running these companies - and gaming the system.

#5: The option they want available to the rich and the impoverished alike.

Ryan's plan is pushing #5 the most - making #4 the only other option to most and then making sure over a short period of time more people slip into #5.

Edit: Yes - it's way more complex then whats up here - and I didn't list Medicare, Disability, high risk pools for states, Indian health care, Medicare Advantage (which is Medicare with profits going to insurance companies) etc. They fall into the main 5 I listed in some ways - and some have crossover. But my general point stands.

------------

Gone: My Discogs collection for The Roots:
http://www.discogs.com/user/tomhayes-roots/collection

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Republicans will not admit: There are 5 distinct healthcare systems in t... [View all] , handle, Wed Mar-15-17 12:23 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
funny thing is, most doctors say that insurance is the reason costs
Mar 15th 2017
Actually, it's the other way around
Mar 15th 2017
liability insurance is also so high because doctors/nurses make mistakes
Mar 15th 2017
It does reduce price sensitivity
Mar 15th 2017
      Opaque pricing and time sensitivity of care makes fee for service imprac...
Mar 15th 2017
      i have a PPO that has very little cost sharing
Mar 15th 2017
           WTF?
Mar 15th 2017
           you doin the most. i was talking about price sensitivity.
Mar 15th 2017
Mar 15th 2017
                     you reject cost sharing?
Mar 15th 2017
                          YES - in most cases
Mar 15th 2017
                               That's what makes this whole thing complicated...
Mar 15th 2017
                                    that's the problem right there though
Mar 15th 2017
                                    Well then improve the resouces
Mar 15th 2017
           Funny, I have the same thought.
Mar 15th 2017
                How much did you pay to the insurance company?
Mar 15th 2017
All fall within either 1 or 4 in the end...this just describes who
Mar 15th 2017
yep, definitely greed
Mar 15th 2017
      it's how i learned Ben Carson wasn't shit a long time ago
Mar 15th 2017
           He's a true American hero!
Mar 15th 2017

Lobby General Discussion topic #13135172 Previous topic | Next topic