Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #13058962

Subject: "I was legit bullied at work last week, I felt terrible about it. I'm 29" Previous topic | Next topic
kevlar skully
Member since Mar 13th 2007
6049 posts
Fri Aug-19-16 09:05 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I was legit bullied at work last week, I felt terrible about it. I'm 29"

My new gig, we work in changing crews that travel to different cities towns for the gig. My first official day, I'm the only black person in the van & one of the old white cats is already speaking in stereotypical mocking black accent or whatever, so I was turned off dude immediately. Man we make a stop for gas and this ass HAS to point out to me specifically that McDonalds has a 'chicken & waffle' sandwich which is really and chicken mcgriddle.

He's coughing without covering his mouth and he's coughing a lot, too. At the job site, I just don't talk to him if I don't have to but I'm making small talk with the three other white folks. The oldest white dude keeps telling me stories and always finishes the them, but he's alright.

After the like 13 hours workday, we load back into the van but racist ass Gary is now sitting in the back next too me taking up the majority of the one backseat with his big ass. He is so fucking loud too, unnecessarily loud, we're all in this van right here. Motherfucker was doing bird noises for some reason, but I slept through that mostly.

When I'm walking to the van to get in, he's clapping his hands to hurry like I'm a dog or child or some shit. I get in the van and tell him to never do that again. He says sorry or whatever and sticks his hand out to shake but I "playfully"( meaning super sweet softly) slap his hand down.

Eventually he starts making jokes about sexually harassing me while rubbing my shoulder. It's clear I don't like dude and I'm uncomfortable as fuck but he literally says the words sexual harassment a few times while he's touching me.

Finally after 2 hour ride back to the city, I'm talking with the rest of em in the van. One dude is all excited about some cheese barn and promises to take me, I'm like cool but I think you're more excited than I am. Here come the asshole talking about "yeah the black guy doesn't want to go to the cheese barn". I don't say anything, the look on my face is visually annoyed but dude actually gets in my face and says "what are you gonna do, sue me?"

We we so close to the same studio, I was too happy to get out that van. But I felt like shit the rest of the night, thinking about what I should have said or done.

His ass is fired now, one of the bosses is a liberal white woman who thankfully doesn't play with this shit. The job is cool as fuck without him. He was making more money than me too.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I was legit bullied at work last week, I felt terrible about it. I'm 29 [View all] , kevlar skully, Fri Aug-19-16 09:05 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
damn that sucks...glad he's gone tho...what he get fired for?
Aug 19th 2016
when was the last time you laid hands on a man?
Aug 19th 2016
^^^^
Aug 19th 2016
RE: ^^^^
Aug 19th 2016
      I hate to think I have to come to work all militant & defensive
Aug 19th 2016
I really didn't think I'd have to come to work to fight an obese guy
Aug 19th 2016
He's gone now so you good, but...
Aug 19th 2016
damn, this doesnt even sound real..
Aug 19th 2016
I reported him so they fired him
Aug 19th 2016
      word. Glad it worked out.
Aug 19th 2016
      oh so you good..niggas in here tripping.
Aug 19th 2016
I'm NO tough guy, would rather chill than wild...
Aug 19th 2016
I was relieved I wouldn't have to work with him again that week
Aug 19th 2016
homie got a facebook or linked'n or anything?
Aug 19th 2016
Ha, maybe I'll search for him when I get home
Aug 19th 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #13058962 Previous topic | Next topic