Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12976274

Subject: "What do you think of this Chris Rock quote?" Previous topic | Next topic
legsdiamond
Member since May 05th 2011
80197 posts
Fri Feb-19-16 01:03 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What do you think of this Chris Rock quote?"
Fri Feb-19-16 01:09 PM by legsdiamond

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/12/1/7313467/chris-rock-interview

When we talk about race relations in America or racial progress, it's all nonsense. There are no race relations. White people were crazy. Now they're not as crazy. To say that black people have made progress would be to say they deserve what happened to them before…

So, to say Obama is progress is saying that he's the first black person that is qualified to be president. That's not black progress. That's white progress. There's been black people qualified to be president for hundreds of years. If you saw Tina Turner and Ike having a lovely breakfast over there, would you say their relationship's improved? Some people would. But a smart person would go, "Oh, he stopped punching her in the face." It's not up to her. Ike and Tina Turner’s relationship has nothing to do with Tina Turner. Nothing. It just doesn't. The question is, you know, my kids are smart, educated, beautiful, polite children. There have been smart, educated, beautiful, polite black children for hundreds of years. The advantage that my children have is that my children are encountering the nicest white people that America has ever produced. Let's hope America keeps producing nicer white people.

TBH the fact that you're even a mod here fits squarely within Jag's narrative of OK-sanctioned aggression, bullying, and toxicity. *shrug*

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What do you think of this Chris Rock quote? [View all] , legsdiamond, Fri Feb-19-16 01:03 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Pretty spot on but I think white folks in general haven't changed
Feb 19th 2016
RE: What do you think of thid Chris Rock quote?
Feb 19th 2016
i will watch his opening act but that's it.
Feb 19th 2016
nah some of the best shit will be written on the fly during the show
Feb 19th 2016
      Cant do it
Feb 20th 2016
i hope he goes completely IN all night
Feb 20th 2016
it's fantastic
Feb 19th 2016
Pretty accurate and puts things in the right terms.
Feb 19th 2016
i'm with it.
Feb 19th 2016
spot on.
Feb 19th 2016
i loved this quote. I will definitely use it on white people
Feb 19th 2016
Extremely clear and lucid.
Feb 19th 2016
NAIL. HEAD.
Feb 20th 2016
It'd take a self-hating negro to hate on that.
Feb 20th 2016
Excellent.
Feb 20th 2016

Lobby General Discussion topic #12976274 Previous topic | Next topic