Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12949074

Subject: "Do you play by-yourself games during long drives, to keep you alert?" Previous topic | Next topic
Cam
Charter member
13289 posts
Mon Dec-28-15 01:11 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Do you play by-yourself games during long drives, to keep you alert?"
Mon Dec-28-15 01:19 PM by Cam

Or is that just me?

After partially driving cross country this holiday season, I began to keep track of all the confederate flags I encountered.

The tally so far is seven.

One was flown in front of a home in northern Maryland. By the way, how is the town of Havre De Grace pronounced locally?
The other six were all either bumper-stickers/window decals (3), novelty plates (3), or actual flags (2) one car had all three. All of the vehicles were larger than standard pickup trucks, seen mostly on the back-roads of Pennsylvania's Laurel Highlands, in the vicinity of Falling Water, and a Western NJ Gas Station ($1.75 for regular).

Observations - one of the drivers was racially ambiguous. Though I didn't travel on many back-roads, except to find less-expensive gas and that trek to visit Falling Water (whose website stated they were open for business, but the entry gate was locked) that's where I found them. Which might be the reason for my surprise of not identifying any in VA, OH, KY, or IN. I had a single interaction with one nouveau confederates--a polite nod with a slight smile and a courtesy pass at a 4 way stop sign.

I might edit...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Do you play by-yourself games during long drives, to keep you alert? [View all] , Cam, Mon Dec-28-15 01:11 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i used to try to guess who was driving a car before i passed them
Dec 28th 2015
I once went to a joke of a team building diversity conference
Dec 28th 2015
      smh @ her telling all of that.
Dec 28th 2015
      oh i fully intend on spending the last 5 years of my working career
Dec 28th 2015
havee dee grace. 3 separate words said together quickly
Dec 28th 2015
thanks
Dec 28th 2015
Right. I dated a girl (Black) from Edgewood and she called Cecil County
Dec 28th 2015
Nah. I just switch up what I'm listening to.
Dec 28th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12949074 Previous topic | Next topic