Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12918773

Subject: "Sad truth is the aid workers fucked Haiti up as much as the earthquake" Previous topic | Next topic
BigReg
Charter member
62390 posts
Thu Oct-29-15 12:10 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "Sad truth is the aid workers fucked Haiti up as much as the earthquake"
In response to In response to 0
Thu Oct-29-15 04:11 PM by BigReg

Even the UN set up their own camps for their own people that dumped their wast into the water supply and introduced a Cholera outbreak that killed over 10,000 people(!!!)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/17/opinions/omalley-haiti-cholera-un/

and like the article said outside of the blatant embezzlement they literally had no idea how to do their jobs...they were there for a check.

On the executive level, like all corporate structures (which many non-for profits are) it was more about pet projects then actually helping the people. They would plan these massive projects that the local populace didn't need (soccer fields!) to add to their resumes and serve as an awesome power point in a future presentation to solicit more funds and keep their donors happy...and find themselves not even being able to build it cause they don't have engineers, didn't plan for supplies, etc.

The thing is the Haitian government is full of corruption with a heavy gang influence that building the country up was going to be twice as hard. But even T-H-E-Y were shocked at how badly everything went, I wouldnt be surprised if they were like, "We didn't even get a chance to skim shit off the top!", lol.

They had 10,000 ngo's come through that literally set up camp and did nothing. It just shows that ultimately the west does not give even a slight fuck about poor people of color, even when they want you to think they do. 13 BILLION bucks all gone to waste.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/what-does-haiti-have-show-13-billion-earthquake-aid-n281661

And its just an egregious example in Haiti...how's that 'new' New Orleans going for black people? How many of them actually got those federal funds to rebuild?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Red Cross Built 6 Homes For Haiti w/ Half A Billion Dollars In Donations [View all] , ThaTruth, Thu Oct-29-15 11:44 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
You don't say! I'm shocked -- beside myself with disbelief even.
Oct 29th 2015
I'm not. Just look at who runs it and many other NGO's like it.
Oct 29th 2015
absolutely DISGUSTING
Oct 29th 2015
I thought red cross was one of the good ones?
Oct 29th 2015
so we shoulda sent that money to Wyclef, after all? damn.
Oct 29th 2015
right?
Oct 29th 2015
this is when u need a congressional hearing & somebody giving a damn
Oct 30th 2015
The Aid sector needs an overhaul
Oct 30th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12918773 Previous topic | Next topic