Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12882359

Subject: "Talking Cars On Tuesday: Clean and Shine version" Previous topic | Next topic
spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10989 posts
Tue Aug-18-15 11:20 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Talking Cars On Tuesday: Clean and Shine version"

The one thing that I semi-hate about having a new(ish) car is the need to keep it looking new(ish) as long as possible. For the past month I've been hitting the innanets watching as many detailing tips as possible. My wife is ordering my first DA polisher and I've got over $150 in wash, wax, polish and seal tools set to be ordered. The sad thing is, I stopped giving 2 fucks about the L200 in its older years (and definitely after the first engine was replaced). Apparently my wash technique has been wrong for 3 decades (2 bucket wash seems the way to go). Anybody have any favorite wash/wax/tire shine stuff they go with? Or is everybody rolling dirty?

After a few months with the Fusion, I can definitely say I REALLY like this thing. It's far from perfect, but you could stand to do much worse for a family sedan. I think because Ford has to sell this in the UK (Mondeo) they couldn't really skimp out on some fit and finish details or the chassis settings. Across the pond, the Mondeo has to fight against crossover/CUVs (as every midsize sedan does everywhere), but also the lower end 3 series and C class (we're talking base model repmobiles) so bells and whistles have to be baked in, and a good spirited ride is a must. Still, you can see how they tried to hide some of the cost cutting. Take the door. The parts that you touch (say the top of the door or the arm rest) is padded/soft touch material. The inner door card, where your arm would brush against, isn't quite the same material, as it would have cost more, but in a padded fabric similar to the seats, which keeps the illusion up. The bottom of the door, however? Straight up Tupperware status. BUt at least it looks cohesive

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Talking Cars On Tuesday: Clean and Shine version [View all] , spenzalii, Tue Aug-18-15 11:20 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Im terrible with it...
Aug 18th 2015
Bi-weekly at worst, weekly at best with a detail in between
Aug 18th 2015
about to trade in the Bimmer...(smh)
Aug 18th 2015
My brother had one as a long term rental. He loved it
Aug 18th 2015
totally appropriate.
Aug 18th 2015
w/ bluetooth, you don't so much need the aux in
Aug 18th 2015
yeah. I think it's good to have 'just in case'
Aug 18th 2015
i'm always bluetooth'd in my Fusion. i keep the iPod attached to the USB...
Aug 18th 2015
USB, check. Bluetooth, check. RCA inputs, check? Aux, natch
Aug 18th 2015
I'm a fan of all Mothers products, aint no one seein them...
Aug 18th 2015
Meguiars would likely say different
Aug 18th 2015
      i'll check them out
Aug 18th 2015
agreed on all counts about the fusion
Aug 18th 2015
the rear seat especially
Aug 18th 2015
The Taurus has a HUGE packaging problem
Aug 18th 2015
      they've got it in a spot where it can't win. it's expensive