Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12857612

Subject: "Facebook - See First" Previous topic | Next topic
lfresh
Member since Jun 18th 2002
92696 posts
Mon Jul-20-15 10:15 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Facebook - See First"

Anyone been able to do this?

i'm like chomping at the bit to try it
but either i need an upload on my iPhone/ipad

or its not out yet

http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/how-to-specify-who-you-see-first-in-your-facebook-feed/

Let’s face it, not even the most advanced programming in the world can save your Facebook News Feed. The goal of the feature is to display the stories that matter most to you, and although the social network continues to tweak the formulas powering its recommendation engine, it’s not always the best at ranking posts based on your interests and interaction. Fortunately, Facebook is finally giving you some granular control over what shows up in your feed, essentially allowing you to quickly prioritize posts from specified friends and Pages so you never miss a beat when browsing.
Related: Facebook loosens grip – allows users to customize news feed within reason
The newly minted feature — known as “See First” — pins stories that are important to you, to the top of your News Feed. It will still let you view the rest of your News Feed as you normally would, once you scroll beyond the highlights at the top. Currently exclusive to iOS devices, it’s quick and painless to set up. Follow the directions below for all the details, so you can keep up on the people and pages you actually care about.
Step 1: Launch the Facebook app on your iOS device and tap the More button located in the bottom-right corner. Afterward, scroll to the bottom of the resulting menu and select News Feed Preferences near the bottom of the list.

~~~~
When you are born, you cry, and the world rejoices. Live so that when you die, you rejoice, and the world cries.
~~~~
You cannot hate people for their own good.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Facebook - See First [View all] , lfresh, Mon Jul-20-15 10:15 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I see you a lot in my feed, and we aren't friends
Jul 20th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12857612 Previous topic | Next topic