Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12797502

Subject: "Talking Cars on Tuesday: The Come Up Edition" Previous topic | Next topic
spenzalii
Member since Jan 02nd 2004
10989 posts
Tue May-05-15 09:44 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Talking Cars on Tuesday: The Come Up Edition"

Well, that was a wild week. The L200 was finally replaced. After a weeks worth of prayer, stress, searching,prayer, stress, and more stress, we were able to drive home in a 2013 Fusion Saturday afternoon. It's silver, with the appearance pack (chrome handles & mirrors, 5 spoke 18" wheels, spoiler) and the MFT setup (no nav, though). Less than 12k on the odometer, so it's almost new. Even with the warranty plan I got talked into (thanks to the finance guy and my wife) and taxes, we still rolled out the door over $10k less than the original sticker. Quick thoughts:

- While both cars are classified as mid-size, this Fusion feels a lot bigger than my Saturn. It may be something that I don't notice after some time, but right now I feel like I'm driving my mothers Five Hundred, which is a full size car.

- I realize there's a 12 year gap between the two cars, but suspension tech has come a loooooong way. Even with 45 series "18 wheels (which I'm going to hate to replace the tires on) the ride is worlds better than 60 series 15" wheels I've rolled on for over a decade. Very smooth, very quiet, nicely damped. Bumps that would rattle my teeth, even on new struts and tires, in the Saturn barely register in this thing

- The My Ford Touch is nice, but SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

- Switchblade keys are stupid. I like mine, but it's still stupid

- I'm actually going to have to read the manual for this thing to figure out where everything is, which is almost embarrassing. Fortunately the .PDF is out there, so flipping through it on my tablet is the way to go.

Now that I think about it, I actually think every car maker should do that. Have a reader with an e-ink display with the owner's manual in the glove box. If you want to get fancy you can have an actual tablet (I think Hyundai does that with the Equus and maybe the Genesis)

More thoughts as the day goes on. Questions, comments and whatever else, add on.

<-- Dave Thomas knows what's up...

Jay: Look here homie, any nigga can get a hit record. This here is about respect.
Game: Like Gladys Knight.
Jay: Aretha Franklin.
Game: Word, I like her too.
Jay: Nigga...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Talking Cars on Tuesday: The Come Up Edition [View all] , spenzalii, Tue May-05-15 09:44 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
How do you find the handling on the Fusion?
May 05th 2015
So far, I'm impressed, but that answer has some strings
May 05th 2015
my experience as well
May 05th 2015
I'll play around with the iPod a bit more this week
May 05th 2015
i swear, over the past few years class sizes have gotten bigger.
May 05th 2015
you're absolutely right....and I've really noticed it with Toyota.
May 05th 2015
this is correct. wider, not necessarily taller though
May 05th 2015
Funny you mentioned that Corolla
May 05th 2015
      yeah, i currently drive an 06 Corolla.
May 05th 2015
Here's how I know I'm getting old
May 05th 2015
big bro was like...aye, you got them did that come with...
May 05th 2015
RE: Here's how I know I'm getting old
May 05th 2015
Some cars are packaged better than others
May 06th 2015
the previous gen Mondeo 'hatch'
May 06th 2015
      This gen Mondeo 'hatch' would work. You barely notice the difference
May 06th 2015
What dat note do shawty?
May 05th 2015
Other assorted thoughts on the car
May 05th 2015
bought a 2015 GTI a couple weeks ago, 6spd manual 4 door.
May 05th 2015
Best looking Mustang they've made since ive been on this earth. Beautifu...
May 05th 2015
      The new 'Stang is definitely a looker
May 05th 2015
           "made since ive been on this earth"
May 06th 2015
On key design
May 05th 2015
Probably going to do a post on my blog about the Saturn
May 06th 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12797502 Previous topic | Next topic