Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12767692

Subject: "the problem is that new construction is more driven by available financi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Jay Doz
Member since Dec 13th 2005
8663 posts
Tue Mar-31-15 10:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
2. "the problem is that new construction is more driven by available financi..."
In response to In response to 0
Tue Mar-31-15 10:06 AM by Jay Doz

than market fundamentals. architectural diversity is great, but design is costly, and determining the viability of unique projects can be seen as unnecessarily burdensome for some developers. they end up building cookie-cutter Skyhouses and Amlis because they're both relatively cheap to construct and able to generate premium rents, and so as long as their investors see a large rate of return, we'll continue to be mired in banality. so yes, regulation and restriction are the right policy choices. my only concern is that this committee appears redundant--why not simply empower the AUDC with greater regulatory authority with regards to the Beltline TAD overlay? i think having two completely separate oversight bodies maintaining very similar missions will both disincentivize collaboration and silo agendas, especially if, say, a variance falls where jurisdictions overlap (like the east side of Grant Park).

-------
"A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have." - TR

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

ATL: tired of the boring development, the Beltline to the rescue [View all] , blkprinceMD05, Tue Mar-31-15 09:19 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm guessing my house plan won't pass muster then
Mar 31st 2015
well if there's an entity meant to serve the same functuion already
Mar 31st 2015
developers are smart too, I'm sure they have some kind of 'progressive'
Mar 31st 2015

Lobby General Discussion topic #12767692 Previous topic | Next topic