Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby General Discussion topic #12715401

Subject: "Me and the dude who became by best friend worked together..." Previous topic | Next topic
Creole
Charter member
15427 posts
Mon Feb-02-15 12:38 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
17. "Me and the dude who became by best friend worked together..."
In response to In response to 0

There was this young lady who worked there too. He, being the office mayor, knew everybody. They became really cool. Layoffs occur! The day the layoffs began my boy and I headed to grab some food. The young lady and another coworker just happened to be walking outta the office at the same time. We do lunch together. She sat across from me. And I ain't say shit cuz I was just blown by how gorgeous and cool she was. "She didn't even know I existed" as said in many cliched movie scenes. Plus, I was in a relationship at the time.

3 years go by. I've since relocated to Atl. She is now in the process of doing the same. My boy calls me up to say that he gave her my number because I could be a resource for her in a foreign land. I was blown cuz I'd had a crush on the young lady for years but had not seen her since I left that old gig back in '02.

Five minutes after he and I talked, she called. I set it up to be the tourguide cuz I was in no way, shape, or form ready to entertain aything else since my marriage had ended 8 months prior. Took her on a tour, through some parts of the city, on a cool Sunday evening in January '06. After that, we walked into a pool hall / karaoke bar on Peachtree.

On the way out the door, which I'd held open for her, that woman walked past me and I knew that it was her. I watched her take 10 to 15 steps. Her poie. Her smile. Her conversation. Fast forward to now, we doin' it and we doin' it together. Had it not been for my boy, a failed CLEC, our relocations to Atlanta, and our subseqent return trips to the city where I first laid eyes on her, we wouldn't be taking this trip together 9 years later.

John Legend's "So High" was being sung in that karaoke bar that night...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Serendipity and your relationship [View all] , Ted Gee Seal, Sun Feb-01-15 07:53 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Serendipity and your relationship
Feb 01st 2015
that's more like me and my best friend than any romantic entanglement
Feb 01st 2015
thats god work.
Feb 01st 2015
That's awesome
Feb 01st 2015
Aww :-)
Feb 02nd 2015
=)