Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #191122

Subject: "While I Agree About Purple Rain" Previous topic | Next topic
Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Thu Dec-31-15 06:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "While I Agree About Purple Rain"
In response to In response to 0

...I will say that "Thriller" didn't have any bad songs, on it, I will say "Baby Be Mine" was & is good enough for radio back then (AM radio) and today (those flackback stations) but it is kind of the least liked song on it but damn that album basically was a bible to how pop artists afterwards should make an album where every song could be a single.

I remember when the album/soundtrack for Purple Rain, I had it on cassette and listened to it that summer of '84, I didn't see the movie until eight or nine years later and it all made sense cause I had a pic of what the movie was like just from the songs; but that album was pretty dope and still a classic (so is the movie), I was listening to hip-hop & new wave rock back more than anything else but like Chris Rock said in an era when rap music was in demand you could still play a Prince joint in the mix.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Chris Rock On Why ‘Purple Rain’ Is The Greatest Album Of All-Time... [View all] , okpdan, Wed Oct-29-14 10:49 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Chris Rock On Why ‘Purple Rain’ Is The Greatest Album Of All-Tim...
Dec 09th 2014
Dec 10th 2014
Dec 14th 2014

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #191122 Previous topic | Next topic