Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #187246

Subject: "RE: Man...whoever goes to this show is an idiot" Previous topic | Next topic
avillago
Charter member
442 posts
Sun Feb-14-10 11:00 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "RE: Man...whoever goes to this show is an idiot"
In response to In response to 6

Terrible show...glad I sat in the balcony...I felt so sorry for the thousands standing downstairs in the standing room area.

Show kicked off at 8pm with many wack opening acts (sort of common at hip hop shows these days)...save for Mike Relm who was sort of entertaining as he was nice on the 1s and 2s with a creative video mix as well.

About 11:30 or midnight...Mos finally came out and it started out promising. He came out in a Doom mask with rhinestones all over it and with a chinese-styled robe over a shirt and tie. He came out and started by performing Doom songs like "Accordian", "Hoe Cakes", and "Curls"...performed in the Doom mask.

Then he went into way too many joints from "The Ecstatic" album. Don't get me wrong...I dig the album, but it does not translate well live...they don't sound good live at all...probably sounds better with a backup band and not just a DJ spinning the instrumental. It came off boring.

Anyways...a lot of off key and poor singing by Mos, chatting about nonsense, people booing Mos, people throwing shit onstage...obviously pissed off...no "Ms. Fat Booty", no "Umi Says", no Reflection Eternal joints, no vintage Mos Def songs at all. He did most of the new album and not even the best songs on there.

He then put the Doom mask back on and went into Doom's "All Caps". Then mid-song...out comes some homeless looking hypeman and MF Doom...or is it?

Obviously lip-singing or lip-rapping and looking way too short and overly energized (I seen the real Doom perform a few years back and he is not that animated on stage). IMPOSTER!!! It is even more wack that Mos agreed to be on stage with this bullshit. After awhile, Mos just walked off the stage without a word to the crowd. Then for about a half hour more...we got treated to a Karaoke session of lesser known Doom songs...no Madvillian songs at all. Then off of a sudden...random song ends and they walk off stage...no peace, no good bye Chicago...lights come up...show over...WTF?!?!?!?!

Terrible!!! People started throwing shit on stage...I thought folks would riot...everyone came out pissed like...did we just pay for that??? I will never go to a Doom show or see even Mos again for that matter...because of this BS...waist of my recession $.

If you planned on seeing this show...DON'T GO!!!

End of rant...

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

MF DOOM AND MOS DEF NYC DATE RESCHEDULED! 2/26 [View all] , punchfunklove, Sat Jan-30-10 09:40 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Why are the tix $180....fuk them niggas
Feb 06th 2010
tix are $40 actually...
Feb 06th 2010
      RE: tix are $40 actually...
Feb 06th 2010
           ticketmaster
Feb 07th 2010
                RE: ticketmaster
Feb 14th 2010
                     AHAHAAAA!! CHICAGO STAND UP!!!! nm