Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186476

Subject: "No. See link inside" Previous topic | Next topic
handle
Charter member
18941 posts
Mon Oct-19-09 12:38 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "No. See link inside"
In response to In response to 0

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=2218839&mesg_id=2218839&listing_type=search

Member since Mar 01st 2005
5950 posts Thu Sep-24-09 06:31 PM

"The Let's Flog Questo Post"

i *could* bs you w/ good bad news but we too old to get into that after 11 years together so in short.

would you RATHER me just "turn it in already!!!!!" (and again--despite that "worst song the roots ever done poast...there is NO song that i dont sweat prep/execute/mix/focusgroup/re do/argue over/mix for 19 hours until i feel goosebumps.....EVER. (well actually one song. a piece of trash called "the seed" rotf)

or do you want me to turn it in when its perfecto?

im SUPPOSED to turn it in tomorrow.

however.

i do not like these mixes all that much.

studios have shut down in new york and basically there are 5 left (back in the TFA days there were 40something)---the studio i REALLY wanna kick ass in wont be available til late oct.--there i can mix this baby with the analog ish im dying to use (we made this album pretty much organix style in front of each other)--im not doing the polling.

i guess im asking what does the majority think?

part of me doesn't wanna release this album in a crowded lane of november.

but shit has to be right (we mixed it in pro tools and i cant help wonder what ish would sound like mixed on a neve.

so in short.

imma hold this baby til its right yall.

i cant cheat myself.

sorry.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How I Got Over release date [View all] , petercockroach, Mon Oct-19-09 11:21 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: No. See link inside
Oct 19th 2009

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #186476 Previous topic | Next topic