Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185876

Subject: "Blackstar at House Of Blues Boston" Previous topic | Next topic
prezzdogg
Charter member
82 posts
Fri Aug-14-09 11:41 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Blackstar at House Of Blues Boston"

Firstly, I can't believe there are no posts about people excited for Mos to come to Boston. However, I bought tix to a show billed as Blackstar, Mos Def and Talib Kweli. Now they are calling it Mos def whatever tour feat. Talib, Jay Electronica and Medina Green.

So, does this mean that Mos is headlining and Talib is performing separately? I really hope not. I've seen both alone plenty of times, I wanna see BLACKSTAR! Especially when I paid livenation prices to see what was billed as Blackstar! Does anyone know the deal?

I enjoyed rock the bells last month, but one of the big disappoinments was that no one really came out for cameo collabos. Talib came out for some of Common's set, but they mixed up the set order without telling anyone so I only saw one song they did together. No one came out for a song with the Roots, no one during Talib's set...it was disappointing. I know we tend to expect a lot from our favorite underpaid/overworked artists (The Roots, Talib, etc.) but the crowd would have gone crazy if Common came out during the Roots set and did UnIverse at War?!

I don't wanna see mos and talib do a 3 song medley.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Blackstar at House Of Blues Boston [View all] , prezzdogg, Fri Aug-14-09 11:41 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
you really have to let go of all your expectations
Aug 15th 2009
RE: you really have to let go of all your expectations
Aug 18th 2009
      well..
Aug 18th 2009
RE: Blackstar at House Of Blues Boston
Aug 18th 2009
It's part of the Mos/Jay Electronica tour
Aug 19th 2009
I already got my tickets.
Aug 19th 2009
Tickets bought....
Aug 22nd 2009
RE: Blackstar at House Of Blues Boston
Sep 01st 2009
I can't go to the show and I need to sell the tickets...
Sep 04th 2009
Mos and Kweli absolutely murdered it. Whosane was a surprise.
Sep 09th 2009
how was the show?
Sep 13th 2009

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185876 Previous topic | Next topic