Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185788

Subject: "ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HORRIB..." Previous topic | Next topic
ashley.douglas
Member since Aug 07th 2009
1 posts
Fri Aug-07-09 06:26 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HORRIB..."

I'm using this forum because I know that many times you humbly interact with your fans here. I wanted to first of all thank you for the amazing show that you put on for us last night at the House of Blues last night- I only wish I was able to enjoy it more. My friend and I are two of your biggest fans in Philadelphia and RARELY miss an opportunity to see you. We were two of the only people who were actually standing at your show at Tower Theater in Philadelphia, where you had to reprimand the crowd for sitting on their asses the entire show- I LOVED THAT!! And agreed that it should have been said... Knowing this, I'm sure you'd be disappointed to know that my friend and I were almost kicked out of your show last night for just that- STANDING UP! We were seated in the balcony section that would have been on your right if you looked up. We were constantly harrassed by security guards who said that people behind us were complaining that they couldn't see. We told them that THEY SHOULD BE STANDING TOO! IT'S CONCERT! This woman is performing for them, and they're just sitting there nodding their head! It turned into a fucking scene, security threatened to throw us out several times unless we sat,which we adamately refused... it was just crazy! I tried my best against these rent-a-cops on a power trip, but we were ultimately shackled to our seats and forced to watch the show seated. So if you looked up and saw that everyone in the balony looked half dead, it wasn't all our fault!! I have called and written several letters of complaint to the management staff at Showboat and House of Blues, I also thought you might want to know... I will never miss an opportunity to see you again in the future- unless its there because I GOTTA MOVE when you're on the stage, givin it all up to these ungrateful assholes!!! I LOVE YOU ERYKAH!!

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HORRIB... [View all] , ashley.douglas, Fri Aug-07-09 06:26 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
At some concerts people don't stand
Aug 08th 2009
RE: ERYKAH PLEASE READ- GREAT PERFORMANCE AT H.O.B., BUT FANS TREATED HO...
Aug 09th 2009
if you want somebody to care, try breaking that shit up so a nigga can r...
Aug 12th 2009
you're an idiot and I woulda thrown you out on your ass myself.
Aug 13th 2009

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185788 Previous topic | Next topic