Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185496

Subject: "Went to the Chicago show" Previous topic | Next topic
DJ Schwann
Member since Jun 29th 2009
122 posts
Thu Jul-23-09 09:21 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
14. "Went to the Chicago show"
In response to In response to 0

It was awesome, I was front row on the main stage the whole time. But I got a few complaints.
-Started too late.
-Too much time in between sets. KRS came out to host towards the end, but before him it was just boring as shit standing there. Supernatural never talked to the crowd, he introduced like 2 acts, that was it.
-Seemed like the Roots set got cut short. It said it was gonna be an hour, felt like 25 min.
-I live in Michigan. I decided to go to the Chicago show because I was told Common and others (House of Pain, Pete Rock) would be there. That was a load of bullshit. And wtf, why does Toronto get Mos Def in his place and we got nothin?
But back to the good. K'Naan and Chali 2na were both tight, but there was hardly any crowd for em. I'm not a Tech N9ne fan, but he definately put on a great show. Kweli was good, shoulda complained less about his sound and just kept goin though. DON'T STOP THE SONG. Big Boi was sick as hell, just went through classic Outkast hits. Roots were good but as I mentioned, too short. Busta Rhymes was the sickest act for sure. I think he might've been cut a little short too, but he made up for it just goin through each hit quickly. Nas and Damian Marley were sick, but I missed a lot of it (I never left for food/drink, had a great spot I didn't wanna lose, so I almost passed out and had to step to the side to get h2o from venue employees). So that sucked for me, but they were pretty sick from what I watched.
Overall I liked it, just pissed bout those couple things.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Why No Reviews from any Rock the Bells Shows? [View all] , jtree11, Mon Jul-13-09 08:24 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I'm thinking it wasn't as live as last years ...
Jul 16th 2009
I was in Boston/Mansfield, MA for the show...
Jul 19th 2009
RE: I was in Boston/Mansfield, MA for the show...
Jul 19th 2009
BOSTON REVIEW
Jul 19th 2009
I refuse to read this.
Jul 22nd 2009
The lineup switches definitely threw me for a loop
Jul 19th 2009
      i missed Common b/c i wanted to see M.O.P
Jul 19th 2009
           Yeah, they need to at least announce those changes.
Jul 20th 2009
                I don't know how they did Rock the Bells in the past
Jul 20th 2009
                     This was the 3rd year in a row that I saw RTB and this year
Jul 21st 2009
                          On the real tho Raekwon's set was WACK AS FUCK! If he woulda
Jul 21st 2009
                               I caught DJ Dummy's set...and saw Common finished...
Jul 23rd 2009
Uppin. Ain't none of ya'll niggas go? I went to the Boston show.
Jul 23rd 2009

Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #185496 Previous topic | Next topic