Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okayplayer News Discussion topic #179233

Subject: "LA review" Previous topic | Next topic
aprila430
Member since Feb 04th 2008
159 posts
Wed Oct-01-08 11:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "LA review"
In response to In response to 0

Went to the LA show. Little Brother had a nice set, wish it was twice as long.. but they definitely rocked it. David Banner was jumping all around the venue (into the crowd, at the bar, even in the balcony). Dude was throwing water onto the audience, dryhumping underaged girls, and doing Carlton-esque dances. Thought it was hilarious that he talked about how he had a rough month with his dad passing away, which he segued into his song “Suicide Doors”. Talib was dope, although I find it irritating how he brings out strong arm steady everytime he’s in LA. The Rhythm Roots All Stars were ok (after seeing The Legendary, it’s kinda messed up that all of your standards for live hip hop bands have gone up). I thought the breaks in between each artist were too long and unnecessary (would’ve been nice to see them rock the stage one right after the other). LA was the second date of the tour so the artists and the band had some trouble with the songs. Overall a pretty solid show and I think you should definitely check it out when it comes to your town.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Hip Hop Live Tour [View all] , Jeremywww, Mon Sep-29-08 03:26 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
man I wanted to go but was moving this weekend
Sep 29th 2008
RE: man I wanted to go but was moving this weekend
Sep 29th 2008
tomorow house of blues LA im there
Sep 29th 2008
how long is each set?
Sep 29th 2008
RE: how long is each set?