Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music R.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006) topic #2439

Subject: "Maybe it's been talked about, or maybe it's just too soon, but" Previous topic | Next topic
dba_BAD
Charter member
14873 posts
Fri Mar-03-06 02:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Maybe it's been talked about, or maybe it's just too soon, but"

what about a Jay Dee dedication tour?

off the top of my head:

Tribe (or at least Q-Tip)
EsVee + Phat Kat + F&D + whatever else extended D fam
Erykah
Com
Busta
Madlib + Stonesthrow fam
throw in The Roots for good measure.

Am I forgetting any1 crucial?

Tell me that shit wouldn't crack off. And I mean, the man was obviously an artist who was dedicated to his music and embraced it and the love it generated. I can't think of a good reason why celebrating his life and work through showcasing it to everyone who was touched by it would be a bad thing.

Whatchyall think?

P.S. copied from the DVS Dilla can actually rap thread:

"I was just realizing the other day how fosholy Dilla was and will always be one of my alltime favorite emcees. I can't help but feel so involved in his music, it speaks so much truth to me. I guess I'm speaking to both sides here, rapping and production, but I mean, I'm just not trynna overlook this dude on the mic tho. He has taught me so much.

This is my first Dilla post since the man has passed. I couldn't handle the way okp was carrying it and stayed away from all the posts, but with the creation of this board, I felt like I had to say some shit about my man.

I'll just say it like this. There's a lot of dope music out there. There really is. There's always gon be some valid argument for why who is better than who, or whos overrated or underrated, but forreal my man Jay Dilla is my rock. Anything that's going on with music, which is a big part of my life with a lot of different things going on, I can always turn to his art and absolutely love it with the same feeling every time. Other than Too $hort who is the one rap artist I've been listening to my entire life more or less, JayDee has absolutely inspired, amazed, and carried me more than any.

RIP J Dilla Jay Dee. Much love to all his fam. I will never forget DillaDawg, or what his music really means to me.

PS And don't sleep on dude on the mic! This man was not fuckin around on some amateur shit. One of the best in the game, I'm tellin you."

-just for some context on how I feel.

__

fairweather

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Maybe it's been talked about, or maybe it's just too soon, but [View all] , dba_BAD, Fri Mar-03-06 02:06 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
good luck gettin all those folks to commit they schedules....
Mar 03rd 2006
I mean yeah, but that's the point tho
Mar 03rd 2006
RE: Maybe it's been talked about, or maybe it's just too soon, but
Mar 03rd 2006
oh fosho, add Dwele, too
Mar 03rd 2006

Lobby Make The Music R.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006) topic #2439 Previous topic | Next topic