Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music R.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006) topic #1161

Subject: "SCRATCH Mag- J Dilla (1974-2006)" Previous topic | Next topic
InSOULated
Member since Apr 04th 2006
235 posts
Sun Apr-09-06 12:06 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"SCRATCH Mag- J Dilla (1974-2006)"

First; RIP JayDee.

Second; Disappointed with the amount of posts on this forum.

Third; I FINALLY got the May/June issue of Scratch. I've read most of the mags that had something with J Dilla in it, but the one I looked forward to most was Scratch (not only because of the great tribute cover and knowin that they were coverin The Roots in it also). I swear it took me forever and a day to get this damn thing. Since the day it was supposedly 'released' (Mar.28), I went out looking for it. When I checked OKP, it was sayin that it was laggin on bein released but, I STILL checked the day after til the end of the week. I went to music stores, book stores, grocery stores, and liquor stores, and none of em got it. And when I went to a music store couple days ago, they said next week. So I said ok, but despite the fact they said it, I went out lookin for it still, and finally got that mag today. Shoulda seen the look on my face. -- I gotta say that it was good, and it was worth lookin' for. Damn though, can't believe its been almost 2 months.

..."Last Donut of the Night".. still got me tearin'.
Once again, R.I.P.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lobby Make The Music R.I.P. J DILLA (1974 - 2006) topic #1161 Previous topic | Next topic