Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #42834

Subject: "RE: Just bought my Macbook & Logic 8...what's first?" Previous topic | Next topic
mdynamite
Member since Jan 19th 2004
61 posts
Tue Apr-28-09 12:07 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
1. "RE: Just bought my Macbook & Logic 8...what's first?"
In response to In response to 0

Have you installed it yet? If not, allow for at least 2-3 hours for the install. I read some online forums where folks said it took even longer.

Have you hooked up your audio interface yet? You will want to set that as your audio device in Logic. This can be done in the preferences section but I would reference the section about this in the Getting Started book or the main user manual. Are you using a controller keyboard? If not, Logic allows you to use their Caps Lock keyboard. Simply press the Caps Lock button and it allows your midi sounds to be controlled by your computer keyboard. You may want to make sure this feature is activated. I think you do that in the preferences or settings menu (I'm not in front of my computer with Logic).

The Getting Started book that comes with Logic is a good way to start. Although you will need to read or reference the manuals for more details about each feature. I also suggest that you watch Apple's tutorials at http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/tutorials/ and check out other video tutorials online. There are also a lot of online forums you should check out. There is a list of some of these at http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/resources/ but there are others out there if you search for them.

You'll want to learn Ultrabeat to program your beats. Read up on this tool in the manual. You can also simply use one of the many Apple loops to get you started.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Mitchell Dynamite

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Just bought my Macbook & Logic 8...what's first? [View all] , B.Eveready, Tue Apr-28-09 09:00 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Just bought my Macbook & Logic 8...what's first?
Apr 28th 2009
Apr 28th 2009
Apr 29th 2009
Apr 29th 2009
i'm looking to do the same soon... post your thoughts...
May 04th 2009
a keyboard controller..
May 05th 2009

Lobby Make The Music topic #42834 Previous topic | Next topic