Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #39815

Subject: "How is everybody doing their sequencing???" Previous topic | Next topic
LobbyFunkster
Charter member
899 posts
Fri Oct-17-08 10:01 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How is everybody doing their sequencing???"

What's up folks,

I currently sequence and record audio in Cubase SX 3. I mainly do R+B\Soul and rarely sample. I play all my parts myself on my Yamaha Motif ES6. For my drum tracks, I am using Native Instruments Battery 3. I was recently in Guitar Center playing around with the MPC. I never had a need for it, since I was using battery, didn't really sample too much and used Cubase as my sequencer. However, after playing some patterns on the pads live, I feel I could really beef up my drum tracks with the MPC. The keys on a keyboard don't give me the same responsive feel as the pads on the MPC.

Anyway, my question is are you all using the MPC as your main sequencer? I know some people do that and use ProTools/Cubase just for audio. I kinda wanted to still use Cubase as my sequencer instead of hunkering over a little tiny screen on the MPC to sequence stuff. Why bother using the MPC as a sequencer if ProTools and Cubase have a better one? Let me know your thoughts.

----------
Kebomusic Presents: The Soul Prototype
The Debut Digital EP - AVAILABLE NOW ON iTUNES!

www.kebomusic.com
www.twitter.com/kebomusic
www.facebook.com/kebomusic
www.myspace.com/kebomusic

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

How is everybody doing their sequencing??? [View all] , LobbyFunkster, Fri Oct-17-08 10:01 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I do all of mine on the MP
Oct 17th 2008
RE: How is everybody doing their sequencing???
Oct 17th 2008
why would somebody hate you for using FL?
Oct 18th 2008
you just need a midi controller
Oct 19th 2008

Lobby Make The Music topic #39815 Previous topic | Next topic