Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #31254

Subject: " Adding vocals to remix ( in ableton) - I'm soggy like cornflakes" Previous topic | Next topic
all stah
Member since Sep 03rd 2005
23470 posts
Wed Oct-17-07 01:20 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
" Adding vocals to remix ( in ableton) - I'm soggy like cornflakes"

I can do everything thing else with understanding and "know how", but when it comes to adding vocals to music that I have put together, the kid is chef doo-doo.

I dont know, I get the original song, line it up with the vocals, and warp as much as possible, but the shit just does not stay consistent. It is the most irritating thing.

For those of you that produce with ableton, what are some of your tricks and techniques when it comes to adding vocals to remixes?.....

I tell ableton to warp to the tempo of my beat. It does that, but the warping is not in sync. When there is no beat(or some kind of percussion), ableton does not warp correctly to a 4/4 time signature.Even when I put the vocal clip on complex, ableton still does not recognize it. I take it that in order for me to do this in ableton, Im going to have to manually warp each bar,and that shit could take up to 1000 blunts smoked ( forever) to complete.

I have to master this to be complete. The shit is driving me crazy.I got a dope beat that I would like to add to the Root's Marathon Man song, but after the first couple of bars, black thought's lyrics fall way the fuck off. Shit is disgusting, and pisses me off. As a music maker, weakness is not an option,...I'm mad as shit right now.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Adding vocals to remix ( in ableton) - I'm soggy like cornflakes [View all] , all stah, Wed Oct-17-07 01:20 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I'd be kind of surprised if them cats didn't click-track, though.
Oct 17th 2007
RE: I'd be kind of surprised if them cats didn't click-track, though.
Oct 17th 2007
have you tried warping to the original beat?
Oct 17th 2007
RE: have you tried warping to the original beat?
Oct 17th 2007
      word... another trick that has worked a couple times is...
Oct 17th 2007
well, what i've always done in hardware or software
Oct 18th 2007
RE: well, what i've always done in hardware or software
Oct 18th 2007
RE: Adding vocals to remix ( in ableton) - I'm soggy like cornflakes
Oct 20th 2007

Lobby Make The Music topic #31254 Previous topic | Next topic