Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #21993

Subject: "i need advice!" Previous topic | Next topic
R_Len
Member since Aug 15th 2005
198 posts
Fri Feb-02-07 12:18 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"i need advice!"

wussup wussup

i need some instrument help.
this is how its goin down.

im a pianist/ drummer.

piano and drums since a child. i've been trained in piano up to my Gr 10 Royal conservatory and been trained in drums in the same manner. im currently doing some private piano stuff at uni cause music is my minor.

so thats some of my background.

now on to the advice portion.

i've recently started experimenting with making my own music. some of it hiphop some of it not..mostly piano driven.

what i need advice on is a good keyboard that is a full size and has a massive soundbank, weighted keys, real sounds ( non of that tinny fakes sounding piano)..basically something i can make music whether hiphop beats or not.

Also i want it to be something that i can perform with.

ive sort of looked into 2 different keyboards.

1) the korg triton

2) yamaha motif

i've watched some videos of people demonstrating on them and have checked their respective websites.

they both seem really kick ass, but cause im on the "korg website" obviously korg is gonna say thiers is the best and if im on the motif website thier gonna say the same about thier piano.

so i've come to okayplayer cause i know theres alot of knowledgable cats on here. i've seen it by lurking for a few years.

im wiling to spend money..so theres none of this "my budget is a grand B.S." with me.

i want it for studio use, performance use ( performance as in everythign from background music in weddings to live instrumentation for hiphoppers in my locality..both of which i have done many a time)

i've got the skills piano and percussion wise to handle working with a high end keyboard and my little midi keyboard just isnt cutting it with what i want to do piano wise for my beats etc.

i appreciate to the utmost any help i can get in choosing the proper tool for myself.

thanks again.
(btw, if you want to sort of see what im working with music/beat/composition wise i have a myspace account with some of my stuff on there...the plug..oh so shameless...im sorry lol)

*URRLEE*

www.myspace.com/arlenyanchmusic

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

i need advice! [View all] , R_Len, Fri Feb-02-07 12:18 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: i need advice!
Feb 02nd 2007
here is what im trying to do with this
Feb 02nd 2007
P.S.
Feb 02nd 2007

Lobby Make The Music topic #21993 Previous topic | Next topic