Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Make The Music topic #13515

Subject: "Stay Away From www.SCSIforsamplers.com = bullshit products with low qual..." Previous topic | Next topic
silkyhyde
Member since Mar 03rd 2004
679 posts
Fri Aug-18-06 12:48 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Stay Away From www.SCSIforsamplers.com = bullshit products with low qual..."

...I bought a 9 gig combo hard drive / CD-ROM drive from them just 2 years ago for my RS7000 sampler (they've got 'em for every major sampler out from the past 7-8 years).

I RARELY used the shit...but lately I've been kind of thinking about all these sequences and samples that I haven't backed up on 128MB smartcards...and I said "OK, now I'm gonna start backing everything up to HD"

Two copies is one, one is none, right? That's a lesson for all you producers out there. Don't be fuggin around with just one copy of something...it will inevitably fail and you will never get your hard work back.

So today my rarely used HD just DIES on me. So I call these shark ass muhfuggas from ATL who run SCSIforSamplers.com to tell them about my problem. Do they offer to help? HELL NO! They just hem and haw about how the shit is out of warranty, blah, blah, blah.

They said they'd replace the HD for FIDDY-FIVE bones...plus shipping to and from ATL. Bullshit! I looked up an replacement drive for $25 shipping INCLUDED. Needless to say I said no thanks. THis is a HARD DRIVE people! Them shits ain't s'posed to be just breaking down after 2 yrs of light use...how you gonna back-up precious data to some 'ol unreliable shit? I wasn't even tripping about the loss of data (Like I said..two copies is ONE copy, I still got my shit!) But they didn't even try to help a brotha out on the replacement.

This company is a lil' mom and pop ebay biz, and they DEFINITELY ain't got it like that to where they can just fuck their clients hollering about warrantees like word of mouth won't bite them in the ass.

So be warned, and don't deal with these shark ass mofos.

Peace,
Salim

https://soundcloud.com/salimsivaad/lets-get-free <-- my best work

http://www.soundcloud.com/salimsivaad <-- some other joints

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lobby Make The Music topic #13515 Previous topic | Next topic