Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #31926

Subject: "RE: Day 21, Dec. 20th" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
ya Setshego
Charter member
4259 posts
Tue Dec-20-05 05:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
35. "RE: Day 21, Dec. 20th"
In response to In response to 0

I'm back sinking again, as opposed to floating. No doubt that's from the cooked food I've been eating. I've fallen off my 7p.-3a. sleep schedule too. I will be able 2 do much better w/ this diet once I get a decent juicer. Anyway, here's some solstice tips for those still willing to fight the good fight:

Institute of Whole Life Healing

“many paths one truth”

With the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful and in the Presence of Our Ancestors, Both Seen and Unseen.

December 12, 2005

Dear Spiritual Family:

I pray this note finds you in the best of health and spirits. This past year had been a year of tremendous growth for all of us. We have witnessed massive initiatory experiences happen on the earth, of which Katrina and Tsunami stands out. However we can never forget the constant killings (physical, mental and spiritual) of human life and spirit all around us, which we accept as a part of our regular daily life. However, we must always ask ourselves is this the life that God intends, and deep in the recesses of your soul you will receive the answer “it is not”, thus giving you one of the reasons you are seeking to walk this spiritual path. We must always give thanks for our spiritual journey for we could be walking away from the light as oppose to walking towards it.

While we all have endured some “serious” challenges this past year, I am sure in your private reflections you will see the good and the growth such challenges have brought into your life. While Iya and myself fully realize that we can only assist you in your growth and development, it is you who must find your path and walk it. As we move into another year, it is our prayer that your walk becomes clearer and your faith stronger for all is in divine order.

It is and will always be our intention to move and live in harmony with the rhythms of the universe. That being said, as you know we are coming upon the “winter solstice”, a very auspicious time in our solar system. While most of our time will be spent preparing for family and friends, you may want to consider setting aside time to take advantage of the tremendous spiritual energy that will be available during the four days of the solstice.

According to Ra Un Nefer Amen I, Shekhem Ur Shekhem of the Ausar/Auset Society:
“During the tropic of Capricorn, December 21-24 is an excellent time to impregnate your mind and energize your thoughts.” You see, from March 21 to September 21 our thoughts grow and have power. After September 21st the power of our thoughts “Begin to Fall” and they actually die between October 21st and December 21st. Yes we are thinking all the time but do we have new and powerful thoughts during this period? From June 21st we begin to loose day light and the darkest period is December 24th, on December 25th we begin to gain more day light and this continues until June 21st. This is one reason the Ancients celebrated December 25th as the return of “light”. In a symbolic sense it also reflects the return of light i.e., energy to our dead thoughts. Light has returned to “save” our dead, stagnate thoughts i.e., the birth of the savior.

During the period of December 21st to December 25th the degree at which the sun’s energy strikes the earth is different on one half of the equator and the other half. During this four day period the sun rises at the same time, or one can say the earth stands still in its positioning of its self from one half of the equator to the other, this is known as the summer solstice ( June 21st to June 24th) and winter solstice (December 21st to December 24th). It is during this four (4) day period that we can gain tremendous spiritual insight as well as plant spiritual seeds for the next six months.

This solstice four day period comes during the waning moon cycle. It is a time for focusing your intentions on releasing unhealthy habits, relationships, addictions, negative behaviors and emotions and is highlighted by fasting (cleansing), prayer, meditation, solitude and reflection. Most of all one must pay close attention to the foods (physical, mental and spiritual) that they ingest during this period. If you can, during this time period, go on a private quiet retreat, sleeping as much as possible and pay close attention to your dreams. Living in the west it is difficult for us to do so, because so many of us have to work and care for family. As a result we advise you to do the best you can without putting self under undue stress and strain for to do so will only negate the purpose of the solstice fast. Cut back on heavy and acidic foods, avoid the radio, T.V. or night life activities during this period, sleep as much as possible, journal daily and be in bed by 10:00 pm.

This is a time for cleansing and the following cleansing practices will help to enhance and heighten your spiritual sensitivity during this solstice period. During this season the primary organs that we will focus on are the kidneys, bladder, womb and muscles. These organs are associated with the element of water and correspond to our emotional body. Allow yourself to release and cleanse old, stagnate fear based emotions in a safe and healthy way and affirm daily that “all that is not for my highest good be kept as far away from me as the east is from the west and the north from the south”. Use carnelian, amber or coral gemstones to aid in freeing stagnant energies.

To assist in detoxing and cleansing your physical body, drink several cups of red clover tea and 8 glasses of purified water with lemon daily. Burdock root is good for purifying your kidneys and blood to improve circulation. Dandelion root or leaves helps promote the excretion of fluids from your body. Each evening soak your body for a minimum of 20 minutes in a tub of water as hot as you can stand filled with Epsom or Dead Sea salt and add oils of clary sage, sandalwood, eucalyptus, rose or jasmine to further assist in releasing toxins and impurities.

For those of you who choose not to fast from food during this cleansing time we recommend a Kitchari diet which is a relatively simple stew of basmati rice, herbs and spices, ghee for lubrication and assimilation and split mung dal. The Kitchari cleansing fasting diet below utilizes the primary foods in the Ayurvedic cleansing therapy, because of their ease of digestion and assimilation. Eat daily plenty of fresh juicy melon fruits in the morning and during the day, and add plenty of green leafy vegetables along with chicory and dandelion leaves, cucumbers, beets, onions and garlic to your midday and evening kitchari meal.

Mung Dal Kitchari

1 cup yellow mung dal
1 cup of basmati rice
1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped fine
1 small handful fresh cilantro leaves
½ cup water
3 tablespoons of ghee
1 ½ inch piece of cinnamon bark
5 whole cloves
5 whole cardamom pods
10 black peppercorns
3 bay leaves
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon salt
6 cups water
½ cup coconut milk

Wash the mung dal and rice until water is clear. Soaking the dal for an hour or overnight helps with cooking time and digestion. In a blender, put the ginger, coconut, cilantro and ½ cup water and blend until liquefied.

Heat a large saucepan on medium heat and add the ghee, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, peppercorns and bay leaves. Stir for a moment until fragrant. Add the blended items to the spices, then the turmeric and salt. Stir until brown.

Stir in mung dal and rice and mix well. Pour in the 6 cups of water, ½ cup of coconut milk, cover and bring to a boil. Let boil for 5 minutes then turn down the heat to very low and cook, lightly covered, until dal and rice are soft, about 25 – 30 minutes. Feel free to add additional spices such as coriander, cumin, fennel, fenugreek and garlic.

Have a blessed solstice,
Iya Osunnike and Baba Koleoso

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oooo baby I like it raw. Oooo baby I like it RAAAW!(c)ODB- Shimmy Shimmy Ya

Printer-friendly copy

YabbaFast [View all] , ya Setshego, Thu Oct-27-05 08:45 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: YabbaFast
Nov 20th 2005
Nov 30th 2005
That Dec. 8th one looks controversial!!!!
Nov 30th 2005
Dec 01st 2005
RE: (c)- Yoda
Dec 01st 2005
DAY 1, 11/30/05
Dec 01st 2005
RE: YabbaFast Booklet
Dec 01st 2005
i'm doing a modified fast
Dec 01st 2005
DAY 3, 12/2/05
Dec 02nd 2005
from raw soul @ yahoo groups:
Dec 02nd 2005
Days 4-6, 12/3-5/05
Dec 05th 2005
They gave us a sample @ the WPFW
Dec 05th 2005
RE: Live Workshop in Philly
Dec 06th 2005
RE: Dec. 7th, Day 8
Dec 07th 2005
RE: Dec. 7th, Day 8
Dec 08th 2005
This is the 1st X Sis/Bro
Dec 08th 2005
that's like
Dec 08th 2005
      RE: Unless
Dec 08th 2005
           sounds like you were really serious
Dec 08th 2005
                RE: Yeah, I was
Dec 10th 2005
RE: DAY 9, Dec. 8th
Dec 08th 2005
RE: It's addictive!
Dec 08th 2005
RE: DAY 12
Dec 11th 2005
RE: DAY 12-From Skai
Dec 11th 2005
      i gotta get to dc.
Dec 13th 2005
           RE: Where R U located?
Dec 13th 2005
                wayyyy down in houston.
Dec 14th 2005
RE: DAY 13 Dec. 12th
Dec 12th 2005
does that juicer include extra functions?
Dec 12th 2005
      RE: Yeah,
Dec 12th 2005
RE: Days 14 & 15, 12/13 & 14/05
Dec 14th 2005
RE: rawsoul.com recipes.
Dec 14th 2005
RE: Day 16, Dec. 15
Dec 15th 2005
Dec 19th 2005
RE: today is the last day