Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #29836

Subject: "gas from water" Previous topic | Next topic
tohunga
Charter member
32613 posts
Tue Apr-05-05 04:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"gas from water"

since this shit is just gonna be buried in GD

....Archie H. Blue.

i'd heard about this guy a few times.. not much info around on him though.

there were rumours that Shell and BP bought him out... or 'combined arab oil industries'. either way, it never made it to production.

or as this random guy i found in google says-

"Yeah. Christchurch, NZ, man, died about 1991. Relations threw all his stuff onto the dump without realising its importance. Created stir around 1975 when he announced he & his mates drove a mini arouind Jersey Island @ 35km per litre. Allegedly offered $500 million by Arabs to buy and shelve his invention, he refused."

..i've also heard that it's been seriously tried but it's just super inefficient.. eh. anyway, ideas are always good.

here's a more in-depth article:

ARCHIE H. BLUE

Archie H. Blue is from New Zealand and obtained a patent on a very simple electrolyser that he claims will supply a sufficient amount of an oxygen/hydrogen/air mix to run an internal combustion engine.

His patent (US patent no. 4,124,463 was issued on November 7, 1978. It may be obtained from the US Patent Office.

A description of the invention of Blue as contained in a published article, is given below:

Almost all drivers have made the experience that the motor runs better when it rains. This is also a reason why our parents sprayed coal with water to make it burn better. Therefore it is no wonder that for years some drivers have used a kind of water spray injector, which is very simple. It is a container of plastic or glass, which can be closed airtight. A thin pipe with an aquarium valve leads through the top cover down close to the bottom of the container. A second pipe enters only about 5 cm into the container from the top cover and is connected with the carburettor or the air filter. The container is filled with water to just below the level of the second pipe. The suction of the carburettor pulls air through the water in the container and so adds hydrogen and oxygen to the gas mixture, which results in a lowered consumption of gasoline.

This simple mechanism was improved by the New Zealand inventor Archie Blue with some additions so that the water vapor alone can run an internal combustion engine, without gasoline. It runs about 40 km with 1 liter of water.

His american patent (number 4 124 463) is so simple that anyone with mechanical skills can produce it. On the non-metallic air pipe that enters the container, are mounted at equidistant intervals eight corrosion free round metallic plates, which have been perforated with numerous holes. They are electrified alternately with positive and negative DC voltage from the car battery (12 Volt, 2-3 Amp).

The resulting electrolysis separates the water into oxygen and hydrogen which attach to the metal plates in small bubbles. The air bubbles forced through the water by the suction of the carburettor take those small bubbles of hydrogen and oxygen with them to the top of the container. The energy thus obtained is three times that of gasoline per weight. No poisonous exhaust gases are produced because the end product of combustion is water vapor.

The air needs only 4 % of enrichment with these gases to burn hotter and faster than natural gas.

Warm water is easier to electrolyse and therefore a heating element is mounted in the bottom of the container.

there's an ASCII diagram on the site too

from
http://www.hasslberger.com/tecno/tecno_3.htm

hmmm.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

gas from water [View all] , tohunga, Tue Apr-05-05 04:29 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I feel like there might be a "based on facts" movie about him...
Apr 05th 2005
look here, u aint even TRY us first. u lame for that.
Apr 05th 2005
yeah, well i was reading in there and i was too lazy to change
Apr 05th 2005
this concept is outstanding. How do we make it so that
Apr 05th 2005
It's more a question of economics...
Apr 05th 2005
too right, but methinks u can make so much money
Apr 06th 2005
      You're only look at the one fuel (Water)
Apr 06th 2005
see.. i have some scepticism.
Apr 05th 2005
The "corrosion free holes" might be a problem...
Apr 05th 2005
nah, i'm pretty sure it doesn't
Apr 05th 2005
a bigger problem,
Apr 05th 2005
      aha. yeah, this is what i suspected.
Apr 06th 2005
           RE: aha. yeah, this is what i suspected.
Apr 06th 2005
                and that's why i ain't keen on hydrogen cells!
Apr 06th 2005
                     Can't get any energy for free...
Apr 06th 2005
the batteries might not last long
Apr 05th 2005
It hasn't gotten press? I mean its really easy to ditch ideas
Apr 06th 2005
      I think the question is...
Apr 06th 2005
RE: this concept is outstanding. How do we make it so that
Apr 05th 2005
      that's fuel cells again though
Apr 05th 2005
           Methane from..
Apr 05th 2005
                yeah, i heard about that, it was excellent
Apr 05th 2005
                     RE: yeah, i heard about that, it was excellent
Apr 05th 2005
RE: gas from water
Apr 05th 2005
RE: gas from water
Apr 05th 2005
In this house we obey the laws of Thermodynamics!!!
Apr 05th 2005
water doesnt give me gas.
Apr 05th 2005
they speaking on energy alternatives live right now...
Apr 05th 2005

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #29836 Previous topic | Next topic