Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #29605

Subject: "I think this is one of those "analgous situations" that really isn't" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Thu Apr-14-05 09:08 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
6. "I think this is one of those "analgous situations" that really isn't"
In response to In response to 1

The big difference between black slavery in America and the practices against Jews and Japanese during WW2 and the Native Americans is most of the practices during slavery were legal at the time.

Just like you can't sue the airlines for making you breath second hand smoke on flights back in the 80's,I don't think you can sue the insurance companies for profiting from a legal institution. Maybe a constitutional argument could be made, saying that the practice was actually unconstitutinoal, but it seems so obvious a argument to me that I've gotta think it's been considered and rejected by legal experts.

Reparations seems mostly a moral issue to me anyway. I dunno if the govt can be forced to do it, I doubt they'd voluntarily do it, but the govt has never formally given black people in America any closure.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

Printer-friendly copy

Jewish Holocaust Survivors Awarded $21 Million in Lawsuit [View all] , Ananse, Thu Apr-14-05 07:42 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
to pursue monetary compensation through the US legal system
Apr 14th 2005
has there ever been a case where
Apr 14th 2005
The doctrine of separation of powers
Apr 14th 2005
Free Education is the best idea I've heard of. We need it.
Apr 14th 2005
      no no no
Apr 14th 2005
           That would be DOPE. Question is, how do present a case
Apr 14th 2005
if they has been rewarded 21 trillion dollars
Apr 14th 2005
You've been in enough of these discussions
Apr 14th 2005
we're not asking for happy meals.
Apr 14th 2005
agreed that reparations should not be asked for