Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #29255

Subject: "the problem is the moniker." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
urthanheaven
Charter member
626 posts
Sat Jan-22-05 03:57 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "the problem is the moniker."
In response to In response to 0

as soon as something has a name it can be visibly exploited and catered to and for by marketing gurus. call it a tween or what have you. i was told seven years ago that the entire music industry runs off the tastes of 12 year old girls from wisconsin. they are the most dedicated dollar with a disposable income. what ever they like, will sell millions. and so capitalism swings into full gear. if you can make money on something, do it. the more you can make the more likely people will be to do it. it overrides good sense and we have no culture in america other than 'popular culture' which is capitalism which is a signal override of good sense scruples etc.

the trick is in the value system. which could be tied to one's environment. capitalism values the dollar above all else and as a justification to any means neccesary to attain it. and it's a self fullfilling prophecy. as long as people subscribe to that belief system.

what you are talking about is the conspicuous consumption habits of western imperial 'pree teens'. adolescence is an invented institution, like the tween and whatever else they wany to come up with. you could give anything a name to exploit it like jazz. as soon as it was called 'jazz' it could be exploited. i'm a 'morning', cater and market to 'mornings'. i'm a 6th minute, cater and market to '6th minutes'. i'm a non ovo pescatarian, cater and market to non ovo pescatarians etc.

i have a lot to say about this at the moment because it's entered my frame of thought. i saw some cover story about the 'adults that never grow up' and their spending habits. i switched off the name for this temporary blossoming of culture in a cultureless culture to protect my moment from psychobable. so i can't remember what it's called for now. but it seemed another symptom in a system that loves to self medicate by describing it's spending habits and doing some 'retail therapy'.

'babylon eats it's children.'

and you can't run because the beast is hungry. vampires suck you dry. fool you into believing that you can't create your own energy and self sustain your own life force, or share amicably and altruistically. no now you have to steal your soul. you have to steal your vibe off of the others. it's a cycle. break the cycle by creating your own vibe. strengthen that vibe. resonate and harmonize with your neighbors and peers. imbue it with a strength that cannot be televised. they didn't televise the revolution. but they sure as hell played some shit.

revolution means "".

who knows how it's fought any more. get your guns. get your culture. get your knowledge. get your music. get your mind body and soul and change this shit daily. because yes, it is eating you alive. and it's after your very soul.

'don't let the school you..." said mr marley. what the hell is a tween but a cross hairs that politics can fixate on.

how long is it before kiddie sex is ok? it's profitable. the romans did it. the europeans were doing it all over thailand! it's messed up. and the soulless make the laws and change the laws whenever they feel like it...

"babylon system is the vampire..."

ok?

Printer-friendly copy

Tween and Sexy? [View all] , raool, Mon Jan-17-05 06:44 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
If they make their own money it's cool
Jan 17th 2005
I disagree
Jan 18th 2005
      Role models can only do so much
Mar 07th 2005
i've been thinking more and more about...
Jan 17th 2005
definitely...
Jan 17th 2005
      word? I thought that puberty in women was triggered
Mar 06th 2005
the sexualization of children in society
Jan 17th 2005
RE: the sexualization of children in society
Jan 18th 2005
      RE: the sexualization of children in society
Feb 14th 2005
           Well, it's documented. I don't know that it's a valid
Mar 06th 2005
This is a deeply complex issue
Jan 18th 2005
Comments?
Jan 22nd 2005
be prepared for a chrisdefendorf solution to this problem
Feb 14th 2005
You have to understand that in today's society.
Mar 06th 2005
i don't think the opposite is better
Mar 07th 2005
      Did I imply that somehow?
Mar 07th 2005
           womanhood shouldn't be defined by virtue
Mar 08th 2005
                womanhood can't be defined by puberty either.
Apr 01st 2005
                     i feel you on that...
Apr 06th 2005
Sinc yall love talkin about baby mamas here's the source
Apr 08th 2005
RE: Tween and Sexy?
Apr 08th 2005

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #29255 Previous topic | Next topic