Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #26693

Subject: "Something else to consider: FIHANKRA INTERNATIONAL" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Chike
Charter member
32916 posts
Tue Jan-18-05 08:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
13. "Something else to consider: FIHANKRA INTERNATIONAL"
In response to In response to 0

http://www.fihankrainternational.org/

Fellow Diasporans Worldwide,

You can acquire free land in Ghana! Not since the days of the Honorable Marcus Garvey, and those he inspired, such as Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, Ghana's first President, has there been a more concerted effort by Diasporans to repatriate to Africa and make concrete contributions toward its development.

In Ghana, Fihankra International, an organization representing you has acquired a large tract of land that is now making available free to Diasporans who wish to relocate to Ghana.

Currently, houses and a civic complex are being built, periodic medical clinics are operating, farm projects are underway, and traditional institutions are being reconstituted. All designed to accomplish Fihankra's objective in Africa of building "A Way Back Home."

All of this has evolved from an historic pre-dawn which occured on 9 December 1994 in Accra, Ghana.

On that day more than 3,000 persons including, Diasporans, Chiefs from Ghana and Nigeria and dignitaries from near and far, assembled in the forecourt of the palace of the Jamestown Mantse (Chief of Jamestown) to conduct and bear witness to the historic ceremony now known as the "Purification of FIHANKRA".

The ceremony, which consisted of the ritual cleansing of two articles of African traditional authority, a specially carved stool and the skin of an animal, (both used for sitting), was conducted to atone (apologize) for the complicity of those past African Chiefs who promoted the trans-Atlantic slave trade. At the conclusion of this unprecedented atonement ceremony the newly purified stool and skin were surrendered to my custodianship on behalf of Diasporans worldwide, all of whom then customarily became Citizens of FIHANKRA.

The developments which followed the Purification of FIHANKRA, including the 1995 seven-city tour of the United States by a sixteen-member delegation of Chiefs and Queenmothers to explain the cultural and historic significance of FIHANKRA, the subsequent offer to Diasporans of more than 30,000 acres of land for resettlement and development, the various planned community construction projects including a day-care and library as well as Fihankra's international headquarters and the opening of branch offices on three continents are eloquent testimony to the history-making impact of FIHANKRA since its inception.

In the months ahead, Fihankra will continue building, from the ground up, a model community in Ghana, West Africa; inclusive of educational, medical, agricultural and cultural institutions.

We appeal to you to take this opportunity to join the growing number of Fihankra members, other Diasporans and Africans from the continent to dedicate some of your time and resources to guarantee that Fihankra programs are successful and benefit us all.

As you preview this site you will find many features that will be of interest to you, including:

How to acquire land or purchase a house in the Rosa Parks and Marcus Garvey neighborhood currently under construction;
How you may participate in the unique, personalized "Heritage Wall of Respect" project;
Information on how to become the lucky winner of a two-week visit to Ghana;
Details on how you may acquire published information on the continued work of Fihankra worldwide, and more.

Finally, it is my wish, that this site will inform you, as well as appeal to your sense of commitment to yourself, your family and the future.

On behalf of all Fihankra Citizens I want to thank you in advance for your kind support.

Printer-friendly copy

THE GHANA JOSEPH PROJECT (attention: all diasporic Africans) [View all] , Chike, Sun Jan-16-05 03:24 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
that's tight
Jan 16th 2005
No problem
Jan 16th 2005
in short...
Jan 16th 2005
      I'm already feeling strong admiration
Jan 16th 2005
           thanks n/m
Jan 16th 2005
financing?
Jan 21st 2005
this is good for ghana
Jan 16th 2005
I can support this
Jan 16th 2005
up
Jan 17th 2005
This sounds like a great idea
Jan 18th 2005
Hey you... no problem :)
Jan 18th 2005
i've been wanting to go
Jan 18th 2005
RE: i've been wanting to go
Jan 18th 2005
I'm not sure how I feel about living in...
Jan 18th 2005
      RE: I'm not sure how I feel about living in...
Jan 18th 2005
           So Maia
Jan 18th 2005
                i'm actually considering
Jan 21st 2005
                     RE: i'm actually considering
Jan 21st 2005
                          that's quite a ways away...
Jan 21st 2005
                               this is what I thought...
Jan 22nd 2005
my name is joseph
Jan 19th 2005
Heard about this
Jan 19th 2005
RE: Heard about this
Jan 20th 2005
so who is SERIOUS?
Jan 21st 2005
lol
Jan 21st 2005
but are you?
Feb 09th 2005
what about Ghanaians in America? lol...
Jan 21st 2005
who have never yet been home?
Jan 21st 2005
you know how much $3,500 US is in Ghana???
Jan 22nd 2005
I've seriously given a thought to dual citizenship.
Mar 05th 2005

Lobby Okay Activist Archives topic #26693 Previous topic | Next topic