>Do you think African-American should totally >forget what has went on >since the first African was >taken from his home to >this very day where the >after effects are still suffocating >our people or do you >think Afro-Americans should pick up >and all move back to >Africa?
I don't think that's a bad idea, but I don't think it's a very likely one either.
So, as a >people, what do we do?
We are one people, but we're also many individuals. It's unrealistic to think that you or I could figure out a solution that universally applicable. I sincerely doubt that you could get just your own immediate family to follow your directions. Everybody has their own desires and needs.
> We infiltrate, we make >them recognize that's what we >do. We should create >that bloc vote that Malcolm >X was stressing so many >years ago and take our >twenty-five million plus votes and >become a force to be >reconed with and listened to >and taken seriously.
I think there are about 35 million African-Americans in this country. At least 20 % of them pretty much oppose you outright (as they are either conservatives, who just want a place in the system, or radicals, who want to destroy the system). The remaining 80% are split up along those all-important "personal preference" lines I alluded to earlier. Those who choose to infilitrate usually find that they like the other side a hell of a lot. That's why spies defect and Black folks who start making a lot of money begin to vote Republican. Infiltration also means co-option.
We >should create our own businesses >and our own agendas as >the Jews (maybe I should >say Hebrews) do. >If we're not part of >the solution then we're part >of the problem. Just >saying fuck America ain't cuttin >it no matter how realistic >the thought is in many >of our minds.
Maybe not for you, but it is for me. I'm not an American, so I'm sure we have different views on this. I'm just trying to make some money, get a decent education and be out.
>Don't think I don't understand where >your coming from either, I >just don't beleive letting America >"make it" without some form >of repercussions is the >way. I think that >it only lets the flood >gate open (as it is) >for more ish to happen.
I understand where you're coming from too. My issue with the reparations (or any form of payback) is that it puts our people in the position of being more dependant than they already are. Relying on a government (and a class of people) that has proven itself repeatedly to be treacherous is, IMO, slitting your own throat i.e. affirmative action). That's why I like all programs that decentralize power: charter schools, lower taxation, even states rights and jury nullification. You shouldn't be waiting for a cabal of white supremacists and their associates to give you anything, 'cause you'll be waiting a long-ass time.